Transfer rumours

Yorkie

How good is Berisha? Remember reading articles about him being a promising youngster ages ago, but he's obviously not made a big move yet.

"Only" 25 and he's better than the league he's currently playing in. Not sure exactly where he is level-wise other than that.

This scaremongering happens in every single window no matter what.

Just come back in a month and it will be a total difference in posts and media negativity.  Wouldn't waste my time with  media gossip. Especially while Benitez is walking around with a smile on his face.

Think im only prepared to take speculation more seriously perhaps when Benitez says any of it himself.

I tend to agree but I can't bring myself to be confident. I'd be surprised if any Newcastle fan could based on what we've experienced in the past. And the additional fear that Ashley might now think we can stay up with a Championship squad as long as we have Rafa (which TBH we can).

The World Cup will obviously push things back, and the window closes early, so it's going to be squeaky bum time.

Rafa will get his way. I beleive one on one meetings between the pair him and Ashley would always result in Rafas favour. He has always maintained he has a very good relationship with Charnley. Fair enough if he does get turned over, he can walk away with pride and knowing hes appreciated. I just cant see Ashley wanting to lose Rafa. We will be fine, we all know right now not to expect any marquee signings or maybe not even breaking our transfer record, but we will definitely strengthen and likely have a stronger first 11 from last seasons.

How can we possibly have a stronger 11 when we won't pay above 15m for a player?. 15m gets you a decent Championship player these days. Every club in the Premier League pays beyond that for playing staff

No way can you be stronger when you are signing shite

Our biggest signing under Ashley was Wijnaldum at 14.5m, you would think that season 80m was spent on a fair few new signings should our transfer record have needed to be broken it would have that season, but instead of spending more on one signing, we got a few through the door.

Im not arguing you are wrong about how we spend money or go about our transfers. But you can get better than championship players under 15m. Hirving Lozano cost PSV around 7/8m only a season ago.

And on the squad being stronger, it cant really get any worse. If we improve just on Dwight Gayle or Joselu alone, thats an improvement from last season.

So far we are likely to lose Merino for 10m and gain KSY for free, its not an immediate improvement,but if the 10m adds to more funds for Rafa to improve elsewhere then im fine with it.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-could-turn-badou-14848091

Badou Ndiaye again. Article suggests Stoke would be open to a loan move or a £16mil deal. Wonder which one we'll go for

He's an athletic number 10, which Rafa really seems to like, ever since he used Gerrard there to such great effect.

At the end of Rafa's first season, when we just missed staying up, Rafa had also started using Sissoko there to good effect, and then tried to draft Diame into the number 10 role to provide some of that dynamic play from that position, but Diame has proved to be much more effective deeper.

Badou seems to be more of a natural number 10 though, with better touch, technique and passing than Sissoko. Played number 10 almost exclusively in Turkey and was very effective going off transfermrkt.

Think this would be a fantastic signing.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-could-turn-badou-14848091

Badou Ndiaye again. Article suggests Stoke would be open to a loan move or a £16mil deal. Wonder which one we'll go for

I'd rather get Shaqiri

Swop deal of some sort? Weren't Stoke interested in Gayle or Rithie? Not claiming that would be a good deal for us.... just speculating.

Is he the midfielder for Nigeria who looked really good at the WC?

Senegal.

:lol: Oh I assumed because I remember the commentator hyping a Nigerian who plays for Stoke.

Senegal.

:lol: Oh I assumed because I remember the commentator hyping a Nigerian who plays for Stoke.

That's Etebo who's just joined Stoke

Ndiaye isn't even a number 10 though is he? Only seen him a few times but he's always played CM when I have

N'Diaye is a forward thinking midfielder that has either been used as an attack minded central midfielder or a number 10.

If he joins us he will be played at number 10, just as Rafa had used Sissoko and Diame there.

Senegal.

That's Etebo who's just joined Stoke

Mole is an absolute mess :lol:

And a bonafide racist!  ;)

Knowing us we'll end up with Imbula for 10 million and they'll be laughing at us

Funny you mentioned him.

In his loan season in France this past season, with Toulouse, he has been used as a forward thinking central midfielder and very occasionally as a number 10 also.