Transfer rumours

Yorkie

From the Mirror

Newcastle will listen to offers for Rolando Aarons this summer with West Brom among his admirers.

Relegated Albion are considering a move for the talented winger but have other options too.

Aarons, 22, is an England U20 international who showed great promise breaking into Newcastle’s first team in 2014.He has made 18 Premier League appearances scoring twice and having one assist.

But his progress has since been stalled by injury and he was loaned out last season to Hellas Verona in Italy.

He has three years left on his contract.

Aarons avoided prison in May after becoming embroiled in a bar brawl while celebrating his child’s first birthday in Newcastle city centre on October 9, 2016.

After pleading guilty to a charge of affray, Aarons was handed a 10-month prison sentence - suspended for 12 months - and ordered to undergo 100 hours of unpaid work.

It does look like we are clearing the decks a bit. Expect Mbemba, Ritchie and Mitro to be gone this window, just hope Rafa is able to use all that money and is being given at least 50mil. Would give around 100mil to spend, and just spend it on 3 players should improve us?

It does look like we are clearing the decks a bit. Expect Mbemba, Ritchie and Mitro to be gone this window, just hope Rafa is able to use all that money and is being given at least 50mil. Would give around 100mil to spend, and just spend it on 3 players should improve us?

Had the same thoughts the other night, then the alarm went off.

Had the same thoughts the other night, then the alarm went off.

? Yeah would be too good to be true

I think the sell-to-buy thing is purely for squad size reasons, even though it's reasonable to worry that it's a financial thing.

We got a lot of dross, man. Only 25 can be chosen.

Its clearly a financial thing, pretty sure you can have a player but not register him (or send him to the under 23s).

Also we could always try buying before we sell for once.

Worrying thing is after the Premiership transfer window closes others are still open so players can still be sold abroad. I can see Porto trying their luck by continuing to low ball NUFC for Mbemba. They'll assume NUFC would rather sell for a lower fee so the money can be used while the Premiership transfer window is still open.

I think the sell-to-buy thing is purely for squad size reasons, even though it's reasonable to worry that it's a financial thing.

We got a lot of dross, man. Only 25 can be chosen.

Its clearly a financial thing, pretty sure you can have a player but not register him (or send him to the under 23s).

Also we could always try buying before we sell for once.

Yeah but what's the point in having Lazaar, Colback, Saivet on our books and not registering them? I can see why it's a priority to get rid, although every other club seems able to handle multi-tasking. That's the frustration.

i think we're going to spend money like, looks like we're desperate to clear out as much shit as possible before we do though which will mean we end up with poor choice players again probably :/

surely there's no fucking way on earth ashley thinks he can get away with spending less after a season in the PL than he did after promotion from the champo? :lol:

i mean i'd probably have to give him credit if he went and got away with that con on both rafa and the fans

Remember we wrote down/off a lot of salaries in our last accounts causing that ridiculous loss

that was up to the end of the champo season wasn't it, not the end of the PL season?

therefore unless they've devised another con job for last year then there should be money (they will have i suppose)

Point being it may/should have covered dross like Colback

We don't know what it covers...might be a big contingency for a future tax bill

it was specifically for player contracts no?

idk, seems like there's no way he can justify spending less than last summer to me, it would be utterly fucking ridiculous :lol:

I’ve got us at 28 seniors now Merino is gone, sound about right to people?

Sels/Elliot/Darlow, Sterry, Mbemba, Lazaar, Colback, Saivet, Aarons and Mitrovic to be shifted.

Leaves us needing 5 more signings.

Sels/Elliot/Darlow, Sterry, Mbemba, Lazaar, Colback, Saivet, Aarons and Mitrovic to be shifted.

surely joselu goes, and armstrong (unless he's not counted as senior?)

surely joselu goes, and armstrong (unless he's not counted as senior?)

Armstrong is still an U21, I think. But this is his last year as one.

Don’t see Joselu going just yet, think he’ll hang around as third choice.

We’ve been looking at Alf Inge Haaland’s son who plays for Molde and are managed by Solskjær. Needless to say Man U are also

monitoring but I’d imagine his dad would have mixed feelings about that.

Anyway they want around £8M for a 17 year and we ain’t paying that and Mike and Rafa have a Mexican stand off over releasing funds and signing a contract. What a way to run a club.