Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Cant believe Palace and Burnley have just done no business at all. Have they forgot that the window closes early?

Burnley is my bet to struggle this season, especially if they qualify for the EL. No way can they juggle those competitions and the cups with that squad. Palace will stay up so long as they keep Zaha.

So we thinking it'll be Rondon or no one coming in then? Would love to see Rafa pull an unexpected deal out of the hat for a striker.

I’m still holding out for Josh King [emoji38]

If Abraham is actually available for <£20m I'd be amazed if we weren't all over that myself.

Is he actually available though? Slimani was also supposed to be available, tbh either of those two would probably excite me more than Rondon, but you wonder who's making the decisions on which deals we'll pursue, not sure it's Rafa at this point.

So we thinking it'll be Rondon or no one coming in then? Would love to see Rafa pull an unexpected deal out of the hat for a striker.

I’m still holding out for Josh King [emoji38]

If Abraham is actually available for <£20m I'd be amazed if we weren't all over that myself.

Is he actually available though? Slimani was also supposed to be available, tbh either of those two would probably excite me more than Rondon, but you wonder who's making the decisions on which deals we'll pursue, not sure it's Rafa at this point.

I don't know, think I read it in here actually but not sure of the source.

Interesting, Slimani isn't ever mentioned. I know he f'ed up big time but he, surely, is better than Rondon?? Or Jocelu? or any of our so called strikers these days?

He was offered to the club a few weeks ago and Rafa said no.

Rondon is much, much better than Mitrovic. Mitrovic is too slow for the Premiership.

That's odd considering he's never scored more than Mitro in a PL season. How is that "much much better?"

Perhaps there's one 'much' too many in there, but to state the obvious, he's quicker. I don't know that there's much difference between them in terms of strength and technique, but Rondon's extra pace is crucial. Some of the goals he's scored, Mitro wouldn't get in a hundred years.

Rondon is much, much better than Mitrovic. Mitrovic is too slow for the Premiership.

That's odd considering he's never scored more than Mitro in a PL season. How is that "much much better?"

Perhaps there's one 'much' too many in there, but to state the obvious, he's quicker. I don't know that there's much difference between them in terms of strength and technique, but Rondon's extra pace is crucial. Some of the goals he's scored, Mitro wouldn't get in a hundred years.

So saying “Rondon is much much quicker than Mitrovic” might be more accurate.

Love Daniel Storey like. He's a real ally.

If we've only got tuppence for a new striker, any chance of going back to Arsenal for Lucas Perez? It sounded like Rafa was quite keen 12 months ago.

Abraham for the Mitro money, my word, that would be amazing though.

Wish people would stop expecting money received to be added to the available funds. Has history taught us nothing?

- Money in needs to be divided over the number of seasons the other club is paying for the player over, ie £20m in over 5 years only adds £4m to the transfer budget

- The subsequent years of payments are to be immediately forgotten about and never mentioned again once the current window closes

If we count Mitro sold for £22M and we could sell Gayle for £15M, thats £37M.

I'd use that money and try to sign Michy Batshuayi.

We would then have Batshuayi, Muto and Joselu as our strikers with Ayoze also able to play as a striker if needed.

Wish people would stop expecting money received to be added to the available funds. Has history taught us nothing?

- Money in needs to be divided over the number of seasons the other club is paying for the player over, ie £20m in over 5 years only adds £4m to the transfer budget

- The subsequent years of payments are to be immediately forgotten about and never mentioned again once the current window closes

Yep.

If we count Mitro sold for £22M and we could sell Gayle for £15M, thats £37M.

I'd use that money and try to sign Michy Batshuayi.

We would then have Batshuayi, Muto and Joselu as our strikers with Ayoze also able to play as a striker if needed.

As explained above, Rafa only gets a small percentage of that due to instalment payments, plus it also needs to cover wages and signing fee, and probably agent fees.

As explained above, Rafa only gets a small percentage of that due to instalment payments, plus it also needs to cover wages and signing fee, and probably agent fees.

Don't forget the other rule that whilst incoming players wages eat up available transfer fees, players leaving do NOT do the reverse.