Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Isnyhere any substantial links to Carroll or is it just talk on here? Hard to think Rafa would want him because of his injuries. He needs to strengthen the team, not add injured bodies to fat Mike's wage bills.

Just talk on here.

Carroll is apparently available for just £2 million, so it wouldn't be the worst move. He may well be willing to negotiate a lower salary too with his contract up this summer.

I mean it's not as though there is going to be a huge clamour for his services, and the pressure of not having to start every game for the meantime would be good for him, as he has suffered from injuries recently.

I'd snap your hands off for a Joselu OUT, Carroll IN scenario but there's loads of reasons why it won't happen.

Yeah but you could put nearly any human being’s name on the end of that sentence.

Joselu OUT Hitler IN

Joselu OUT Pol Pot IN

Joselu OUT Voldemort IN

Joselu OUT Pardew IN

3/4 ain't bad, I guess.

Carroll is basically an injury prone Mitrovic, a penalty box striker best at getting on the end of crosses or causing a physical nuisance inside the box. Lacks pace, is immobile, has low energy levels, is tactically indisciplined and not at all suited to our game. No thanks.

That's probably the worst description of Andy Carroll i've ever seen.

He's better in the air than Mitro, miles better on the deck and technically superior in pretty much every way. And to call him indisciplined when you're comparing him to Mitrovic is laughable.

Yes his injury record is awful but on his day he's still probably the best attacking header of a ball in european and possibly world football. For £2m i'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Carroll is basically an injury prone Mitrovic, a penalty box striker best at getting on the end of crosses or causing a physical nuisance inside the box. Lacks pace, is immobile, has low energy levels, is tactically indisciplined and not at all suited to our game. No thanks.

He's better in the air than Mitro, miles better on the deck and technically superior in pretty much every way. And to call him indisciplined when you're comparing him to Mitrovic is laughable.

Yes his injury record is awful but on his day he's still probably the best attacking header of a ball in european and possibly world football. For £2m i'd take him back in a heartbeat.

That is an astonishing statement. How many "days" has he had in the last eight years?

That is an astonishing statement. How many "days" has he had in the last eight years?

Name someone better.

You're absolutely right though - he hasn't has one of those days for a long time. When he does briefly come back from injury though he invariably scores.

In those little windows of playing time he can still be virtually unplayable.

Name someone better.

You're absolutely right though - he hasn't has one of those days for a long time. When he does briefly come back from injury though he invariably scores.

Giroud.

Name someone better.

Giroud.

Firstly he's not as good as Carroll in the air, nowhere near in fact. Secondly he seems to have lost his mojo because he's looked a shadow of his former self for Chelsea.

Ronaldo is still one of the best i guess but the general lack of proper physical centre forwards in world football, because the game now favours more mobile, technical strikers is why players like Crouch, Carroll can be so effective.

Our gameplan is built around a big powerful centre forward so Carroll would be perfect for us right now (if he could stay fit).

Here's an easy question for you - would you rather have Joselu or an injury prone Andy Carroll as our backup option?

Well at the start of the window Rafa apparently wanted a winger, left-back and number 10.

Looks like he may well get all 3, which is shocking really.

Once you see loan with an option the odds are good, especially when coming in from France.