Transfer rumours

Yorkie

the shit policy in place for ages (pre rafa) and that has now returned under the transfer warlord Nickson (aka Carr 2.0) hopefully will have less of the random AF signings of Colback, Lazaar and Saivet of the world. It's strange to me that we aren't paying them out of their contracts or selling them for nothing to get the fuck out of the club and off the wage bill.

Guest neesy111

the shit policy in place for ages (pre rafa) and that has now returned under the transfer warlord Nickson (aka Carr 2.0) hopefully will have less of the random AF signings of Colback, Lazaar and Saivet of the world. It's strange to me that we aren't paying them out of their contracts or selling them for nothing to get the fuck out of the club and off the wage bill.

They are either not wanted by other clubs or are happy to run down their contracts.  I reckon they'd have to take a ridiculous pay cut for other clubs.  Colback is on 60k ffs as he was on a free.

They are either not wanted by other clubs or are happy to run down their contracts.  I reckon they'd have to take a ridiculous pay cut for other clubs.  Colback is on 60k ffs.

Ya - these "fringe" signings need clauses in their contracts to protect the club or allow for them to have a triggered pay off of some sort that can at least be a 1 time tough hit to the club, but free up wage bill and spots etc.

Guest neesy111

They are either not wanted by other clubs or are happy to run down their contracts.  I reckon they'd have to take a ridiculous pay cut for other clubs.  Colback is on 60k ffs.

Ya - these "fringe" signings need clauses in their contracts to protect the club or allow for them to have a triggered pay off of some sort that can at least be a 1 time tough hit to the club, but free up wage bill and spots etc.

No player would agree to such clauses, otherwise they'd be commonplace.

No player would agree to such clauses, otherwise they'd be commonplace.

clearly nobody has been creative enough to craft such brilliant clause, one day!

They are either not wanted by other clubs or are happy to run down their contracts.  I reckon they'd have to take a ridiculous pay cut for other clubs.  Colback is on 60k ffs as he was on a free.

Yup, they're paid too well for the level of clubs that want them.

Not surprised that we're not looking fir a striker, there's too many on the books that we can't shift. If we'd been prepared to recruit properly we could have let Gayle go several times over, but now his stock has fallen, he's had more injuries and we can't shift him. Muto was obviously a massive mistake as well, but again brought about through an unwillingness to spend real money on a player who suited the team. Thankfully Carroll's only on a short-term contract, which is desperate in itself but fortunately won't mean we need to find a buyer.

Our whole recruitment policy has left the squad imbalanced and bloated and creates a knock-on effect, constantly preventing anyone from building something in a tangible image (as if Bruce could). I mean, to have two established, experienced but not old 'first team squad' players not even registered is a farce and sums it all up.

We might have too many strikers on our books, but two of them are perennial crocks, so in reality we only have two that will be available on a regular basis. That is why Joelinton has started nearly every game this season and is supposedly playing despite not being fully fit himself.

Of course a striker is a priority, trouble is every club knows it and will be playing hard ball. We might not get a striker in and let’s face it, getting a goal scorer in during January is a big ask but it has to be a priority.

Not sure what Ashley’s priory is mind.

the s*** policy in place for ages (pre rafa) and that has now returned under the transfer warlord Nickson (aka Carr 2.0) hopefully will have less of the random AF signings of Colback, Lazaar and Saivet of the world. It's strange to me that we aren't paying them out of their contracts or selling them for nothing to get the f*** out of the club and off the wage bill.

Aye but we accounted for his contract 2 years ago. If we weren't owned by a barrow boy we could have surely got shot paying say half the wages for him and shite like Saivet. Bin 3-4 players and use the savings for 1 good one.

But Mike Ashley etc.

Our policy is all about a gamble pluck someone from a foreign league either with a clause or a flaw and hope they turn good to sell on.

Issue is if it goes badly we also like to offer 5 year deals which helps us have a strong hand negotiating with the buying club if it goes well. However the opposite to that is you have players going out on multiple loans colback, arrons saviet etc. Not part of any squad plan no place but continuing to being a drain on the clubs finances both in wages and in money on transfer never recuperate even in part.

Looks like we are already behind with Danny Rose. Regardless LB is next on the list. If we get that it will be a mass push to get the likes of Gayle, Muto, Atsu, Saviet etc. out and if there is time after a move for Bowen or a Striker might happen.

Wonder if we know it's OK to buy players and not just borrow them.

We are now seeing the real transfer strategy MA has always wanted and which Rafa was refusing to comply with.

We'll always go loan with option to buy when possible, especially in January. Trying to target players on our database that have perhaps not worked out at clubs they moved to fairly recently. In summer is when we are more likely to see more traditional purchases.

I have no doubt we'll end up with some decent players this way, but let's see what the manager will get out of them. Think that will continue to be the issue, which will be really irritating.

Wonder if we know it's OK to buy players and not just borrow them.

We are now seeing the real transfer strategy MA has always wanted and which Rafa was refusing to comply with.

We'll always go loan with option to buy when possible, especially in January. Trying to target players on our database that have perhaps not worked out at clubs they moved to fairly recently. In summer is when we are more likely to see more traditional purchases.

I have no doubt we'll end up with some decent players this way, but let's see what the manager will get out of them. Think that will continue to be the issue, which will be really irritating.

Bruce is one of the few managers who won't mind players being bought for him as he doesn't really have a fixed style of play. As long as he can keep our current set of defenders, it should be okay, but as we are adding new wide players, if they don't have the defensive discipline of those drilled by Rafa, we are probably going to start seeing more goals shipped. Let's just hope we score a few more as well.

For the level we are aiming at and for the ambition of 17th every year I cant see the point of signing anyone other than a couple of loans to cover injuries

This lad knows what he's talking about