Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I didn’t say I’d want Morelos here but you’d letting ur Celtic bias get ahead of you. He’s far better than Gayle and Muto and I cant see Joelinton doing any better than last season. Morelos he’s decent. Only reason you’d ‘vomit in your mouth’ is coz your a Celtic fan. Get over it

No one mentioned Edouard and no one is paying £40m for him ffs :lol:

Sorry, but you'll never convince me as to Morelos' worth - not like we're going to find out anyway.

I only mentioned Edouard because that's the price of a good striker from Scotland, whereas the quoted price for a shite one is less than half. I don't make up the numbers (the papers do!) Both of them are more than Ashley is willing to pay...

I didn’t say I’d want Morelos here but you’d letting ur Celtic bias get ahead of you. He’s far better than Gayle and Muto and I cant see Joelinton doing any better than last season. Morelos he’s decent. Only reason you’d ‘vomit in your mouth’ is coz your a Celtic fan. Get over it

Sorry, but you'll never convince me as to Morelos' worth - not like we're going to find out anyway.

I only mentioned Edouard because that's the price of a good striker from Scotland, whereas the quoted price for a shite one is less than half. I don't make up the numbers (the papers do!) Both of them are more than Ashley is willing to pay...

Hang on a second Morelos has 46 goals and Édouard 40 , admittedly in less games surely they are much of a muchness though haven’t seen either play much - Morelos has looked lively and good whenever I’ve seen him

Yeah the papers literally make them up :lol:

The only reason Morelos ‘value’ has went down is coz he’s a clear head case

What is the "something" that Joelinton adds?

Er, I didn't suggest Joelinton adds anything?

I said that adding something (Morelos) who adds nothing (ie is shite) is worse than persisting with our current striking group

Holy smokes, so you did. My bad.

Hang on a second Morelos has 46 goals and Édouard 40 , admittedly in less games surely they are much of a muchness though haven’t seen either play much - Morelos has looked lively and good whenever I’ve seen him

Morelos has scored more in Europe as well. It’s a nonsense to say he’s shite he’s clearly not

Wilson is definitely a step up on what we have, but I'm not blown away but his goalscoring record to be honest.  And I can't imagine he's going to improve that much, given he's 28 and has had 2 major injuries.

His stats and game are similar to Rondon imo. Think he’d be good.

Well, to that I’d say that Morelos is to Eduoard as was Kevin Phillips 99-00 to Shearer and Yorke (same year).

Last I’ll say - no one’s going to convince anyone of anything here...

Well, to that I’d say that Morelos is to Eduoard as was Kevin Phillips 99-00 to Shearer and Yorke (same year).

Last I’ll say - no one’s going to convince anyone of anything here...

Not trying to convince you but I suspect if Morelos played for Celtic and Édouard played for rangers your opinion would be vastly different. By all means have your opinion but don’t make it so obvious that the opinion is purely biased :lol:

ST: Wilson

LW: Fraser / Joelinton

RW:  ASM

CAM: Miggy / Longstaff

Baffled why joelinton is being mentioned as a lw- he’s worse than a striker there

Because that’s where he played at Hoffenheim mostly.

Baffled why joelinton is being mentioned as a lw- he’s worse than a striker there

Well look with your eyes and he’s definitely not a winger in that sense, he played to the left of a front three but we play with more wider players not his role at all

Wel that’s if he has a role

Yeah, but not in a traditional sense even. Also played behind a front two in a 3-4-1-2 or with another striker in a 3-5-2.

As far as what is required from modern forwards today, he's really a more innovative manager's dream. He worked under one of the best young and up coming ones in Nagelsmann.

Saw the video below a little while back and it really was very depressing. We had no business buying Joelinton with Bruce in charge really, as I doubt he truly thinks about how to use the player in such depth. He thinks about the game in a very traditional way.

Fraser, Almiron, ASM & Wilson I reckon could just about scrape us to 15th or 16th if they click. Don’t think it matters which two play in the midfield, all seem much of a muchness. It’ll likely be Lascelles & Fernandez, Dummett no doubt left-back and Manquillo on the right. Grim but I think it might just survive. Yippee.

The only impressive statistic for me for Morelos is his Europa League goal haul last season. 14 in 16. In the Premier League he's just about a goal every other game and is always awful against Celtic. I watched him toil against Livingston recently. Don't think he'd hack it at our level personally.

Fraser, Almiron, ASM & Wilson I reckon could just about scrape us to 15th or 16th if they click. Don’t think it matters which two play in the midfield, all seem much of a muchness. It’ll likely be Lascelles & Fernandez, Dummett no doubt left-back and Manquillo on the right. Grim but I think it might just survive. Yippee.

That’s the most frustrating thing. We could spend 30m on a striker and a left back then loan in say Holding and Brewster then get Fraser on a free. That’s still a disgraceful window for a non Ashley NUFC but even that would take a lot of flak off Ashley and probably have us lower mid table for the sake of 30m.

But we would rather do the bare minimum as always and take the 50/50 chance of relegation

Really hope Jordon Ibe finds a good club and gets himself together. Was such a big young talent at Liverpool.

Apparently he wasn't a fan of Howe at all and so wasn't happy at Bournemouth because of that. Said his early success at Liverpool was due to how good Rodgers was with him.

Really hope Jordon Ibe finds a good club and gets himself together. Was such a big young talent at Liverpool.

Apparently he wasn't a fan of Howe at all and so wasn't happy at Bournemouth because of that. Said his early success at Liverpool was due to how good Rodgers was with him.

What early success?

When I met Phil Thompson a couple of years ago he was hugely critical of Ibe and said all of the noise out of Melwood was that he'd let everything go to his head and both him and his family were acting like they were the real deal and top top players way too earlier.

'Gotten ahead of himself' were the exact words he'd used.

Looking back, he looks right.