Transfer rumours

Yorkie

It will be the last thing rafa wants to do.  He'll only leave for a massive fee and if it's absolutely necessary due to needing funds.

I don't think he'll be let go... Hopefully.

Wow, I can't believe Everton haven't bid Lascelles perceived value straight off the bat and have tried to get him as cheap as they possibly can. How dare thy not start negotiations at 100 million.

Literally no one is saying that.

It will be the last thing rafa wants to do.  He'll only leave for a massive fee and if it's absolutely necessary due to needing funds.

I don't think he'll be let go... Hopefully.

Don't think Rafa will get much of a say, in light of the recently released accounts (with our creative book keeping skills on show). That should rightly be the final straw which breaks Rafa's back, and tbh I don't think Ashley will give a flying fuck.

If Lascelles went for £30m to Everton then I’m pretty certain Rafa would go too. You’d have to go north of £50m for it to be seriously considered. Wherever he ends up he has the potential to be first choice CB and captain for over a decade.

Pretty sure Rafa would concede that the job here is too big for him if we sold Lacelles . To say Rafa's been patient in his frustrations is an understatement , but  the transformation of Lacelles made under Rafa makes him the cornerstone of this team . Surely a backward step too far if we sold him.

Guest chopey

Rafa will only see a tiny piece of any money the sale of players, under Ashley it would be crazy to sell for any amount

Considering how much they paid for pixmford, sigurd son and keane thry need to double their offer.

Mortal drunk at lunchtime?

I'm a fan of the mashing the keyboard with your palm approach to posting, it makes life interesting

Rafa will only see a tiny piece of any money the sale of players, under Ashley it would be crazy to sell for any amount

Yep - unless they change / have changed the policy, and the fee was paid up front rather than installments, then pointless selling him. Even for stupid money, if it only gets drip fed back into the club each year, then were massively worse off.

Sissoko was a one-off.... you'd never get that sort of offer/money for him again, whilst Lascelles is young and his value can still rise ,so we should be able to set our price/terms.