Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest firetotheworks

Who? Ritchie? He already is comfortably a Premier League player. :lol: The likes of Mark Noble and Chris Brunt have (had) been Premier League players for over a decade, the bar really isn't that high and Ritchie's certainly above it.

Yeah, he's easily a Prem player (for the weaker sides). The question would naturally is if we're to be one of them or sell him to bring in a replacement that helps us advance. Whereas the answer will be selling him and regressing with a player that's not as good, but is cheap.

great Championship player just does not have it to be a premier league player imo

Apart from the two seasons he's successfully proved himself an adequate premier league player, yeah.

He's no world beater but good enough for a number of teams in the division.

great Championship player just does not have it to be a premier league player imo

Apart from the two seasons he's successfully proved himself an adequate premier league player, yeah.

He's no world beater but good enough for a number of teams in the division.

Exactly, absolutely mental if we're legitimately thinking of selling.

Guest Howaythetoon

Who? Ritchie? He already is comfortably a Premier League player. :lol: The likes of Mark Noble and Chris Brunt have (had) been Premier League players for over a decade, the bar really isn't that high and Ritchie's certainly above it.

I was very critical of him at times last season and did regard him as nothing more than a top Championship player, but he won me over and showed he can cut it at this level proving he is Premier League quality. Obviously not a top player, but someone who can perform as he did towards the end of the season.

I’d rather we kept him and upgraded on him so that our squad becomes much better, but it seems we have to sell some players sadly and if we could get 15m for him and reinvest it in areas we need more quality in and can get Murphy performing down the flank, I wouldn’t be against selling.

Would be fine with it if i trusted the fucking club to sign a proper replacement.

Ritchie was fucking crucial in the survival bid, came alive when Kenedy came through.

Guest neesy111

If Palace want £30m for Townsend we won't be letting Ritchie go.

£30m, they are off their tits if they think he's worth that.

Ritchie helped drag us through the latter stage of the season with pure effort and chipped in with goals. Wouldn’t sell him at all unless we had someone lined up who was better. And we all know how his works.

i do not want Townsend no matter how cheap he is!

I think if we could get him for a reasonable price I absolutely would take him. He looked very good under Rafa, pre-relegation.

We do have a huge excess of players but it's beyond ridiculous if we're genuinely saying 'sell to buy'.

We're dripping with money just like every other Premier League club :lol:

They clearly want Rafa gone next summer, like. Which makes no sense when it comes to protecting your assets, club value etc. But Ashley doesn't make sense.

Guest neesy111

Or the club is being chronically mismanaged behind the scenes.  That wouldn't surprise me with Charnley in-charge.