Transfer rumours

Yorkie

West Brom playing Aberdeen tonight.  Doesn’t look like Rondon has been named in starting line up or on bench.  Likes of Rodriguez and Livermore are there.  Could something be imminent?  Or I they just banking on him leaving somehow to somewhere??

West Brom playing Aberdeen tonight.  Doesn’t look like Rondon has been named in starting line up or on bench.  Likes of Rodriguez and Livermore are there.  Could something be imminent?  Or I they just banking on him leaving somehow to somewhere??

Getting excited about Rondon coming in Its like getting excited about being castrated

Stating the obvious here but if we don't buy some players this Summer, the need will be even greater next year.  Prices are only going to increase and with the way we do our transfer business, what might seem like a decent budget initially will not go far once wages and agents fees are taken into account.  Few of our players (Lascelles excepted) are going to bring in much in transfer fees - and even then it will probably cost more to replace them.

And the argument that the next manager might not want any player we might buy this Summer so we best not bother is ridiculous because Rafa has improved most of the players so far so they would be able to sell them on for a profit.  It is only the bargain basement signings that you can't get rid of because they are not good enough for other Premier League teams and as Championship clubs can't afford them, they end up on loan with the club having to pay their wages whilst their contracts run down. The club have wasted so much money in going for the 5th choice whilst if they had paid the extra couple of million for the first choice then they would have in all likelihood made a profit instead.

We can no longer allow for the promoted clubs to be guaranteed relegation candidates.  Wolves and Fulham are likely to stay up.  Current Championship clubs are spending more than us and will probably happily spend the TV money once they are promoted to guarantee safety.

It is only a matter of time before we are relegated again and when that happens I would be surprised if we are fortunate to have a good enough manager to bring us back up again.

Skysports News transfer talk with Pete Graves and Keith Downing.

https://www.acast.com/transfertalk/whyalissonwillturnliverpoolintotitlecontenders-ishiguainsetforchelseaandwhat-sgoingonatnewcastle-?autoplay

From 31 minutes on. Not much new I guess but here's some main points:

It's suggested the TV money goes to the 100m wage bill.

Need to sell to buy.

Ashley and Rafa playing hardball.

Rafa seems resigned to not getting what he wants. Beginning of the end for Rafa.

Rondon most likely to join.

Mbemba to Porto for around £7m.

May look to Diego Reyes "if they get a little bit desperate".

Tv money is more than a 100mil and the wage bill is less.

Also I love how in these calculations people (not you taxfree) love to discount the other sources of revenue.

I was just about to add, how have we got a £100m wage bill? Unless FCB is paying himself around £40m a year that is

when i read things like that it kind of reminds me of how i have to live as a contractor - i have to behave and plan as if every job is the last because i have no guarantee of money coming in once it's gone

that seems exactly how ashley treats the club, as if every years worth of revenue is self-contained so there's no planning beyond the current financial year that would allow growth

Also I love how in these calculations people (not you taxfree) love to discount the other sources of revenue.

I was just about to add, how have we got a £100m wage bill? Unless FCB is paying himself around £40m a year that is

Just to get the quote clear: Pete Graves said "someone suggested to me that the player wages were above 100 millions a year, so that's potentially the TV money gone in almost one swoop". Just speculating from hearsay, I guess.

Just to get the quote clear: Pete Graves said "someone suggested to me that the player wages were above 100 millions a year, so that's potentially the TV money gone in almost one swoop". Just speculating from hearsay, I guess.

shame he's not paid to check shit out, like going and getting the accounts and working out whether he's been lied to :lol:

If it was over £100 million a year the club would have been fucked the season before last and would now be up in front of the EPL for having a wage bill pretty much equal to our turnover. It's clearly fucking bollocks and a PR attempt to get the stupid fans who will believe it to not support the planned demonstrations against him.

If it was over £100 million a year the club would have been fucked the season before last and would now be up in front of the EPL for having a wage bill pretty much equal to our turnover. It's clearly fucking bollocks and a PR attempt to get the stupid fans who will believe it to not support the planned demonstrations against him.

Its an example of how easy it is for Ashleys camp to place false news in the media, and also how plenty of fans will just believe it because they read it somewhere.

100 million...like fuck  :lol: