Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Why is that funny as a 4th centre back?

Got prem experience and Rafa will know him from their time at Napoli?

I don't get why every move is laughed at on here?

to emerge as a headline worthy target highlights both the depths of our desperation and our crippling brokeness.

He's a 4th centre back to replace the departing Mbemba.

Headline worthy?

I can see us signing Joe Bryan tbh - he seems to meet the board's criteria and I'm sure they'll see it like the Lascelles/Darlow signing.

He's a good player and ideal for our 2020-21 promotion challenge but obviously more needs to happen.

Been linked to Joe Bryan before so could definitely see that being true.

Regarding the rumoured contract offers that looks like the start of the predictable defensive offensive from club in retaliation to the Rafa quotes.

"Hey look we offered Rafa this great contract with 100m to spend, yet its still not enough for greedy Rafa"

Doesn't mention the 100m is based over 10 windows with 100 stipulations and requirements, last say with Charnley and Barnes and zero investment in the training grounds or Acadamy etc..

'Benitez is reportedly set to sign a new three-year deal at St James' Park and he will be given a £100m 'war chest' to strengthen his squad with Bryan on the radar.'

:serious:

£6m is probably too steep for a poor club such as ourselves. If it's true I wouldn't be surprised if they send Aarons back to Bristol.

It’s not even a good lie. The Sun article reads like he’ll get the money to spend over the length of the contract which is less than £20m a transfer window

Max Meyler on a free?

Apparently talk suggests he’s looking for about £7.2m a year in wages - hence why no-one has signed him so far. Somehow I don’t think we’ll be paying half that on a player’s wages any time soon.

"Rafa, you will be happy to know the Meyler deal has been completed as requested. He drove a hard bargain and we caved on wages but he is happy to be here and away from Hull."

Also said he was elated to be working with Alan Pardew from next season.

Shame. Think he slows us down too much. Chance for Murphy though, if he kicks on he could push him out of the team.

Likewise Atsu if he stays fit. Seems odd we would bring anyone else in unless we shift Aarons and Ritchie. 4 wingers is pretty squad standard, especially when Perez has played out there and we have a couple of young-uns in the reserves too.

btw this may have already been mentioned but why are they closing the transfer window early?

So that all transfers are done before the season starts. I think.

btw this may have already been mentioned but why are they closing the transfer window early?

So that all transfers are done before the season starts. I think.

so it'll always close so early going forward then?  fair enough i suppose, seems odd to do it unilaterally though

EDIT: that is indeed the reason from a google