Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Find it hard to believe that with Colocini, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Krul, Janmaat etc leaving that Gayle, Hanley, Sels, Lazar, Atsu etc came in on bigger wages. If it is true Charnley is to blame for having the negotiation skills of Theresa May.  Unless of course we gave McClaren a 50 million golden hand shake

Wage bill was £112.2m for the season in the Championship.

In Ashleys world...in reality it was WELL under 100 million.

The 112.2m figure included promotion bonuses and "onerous contract provisions" payment to players not in the first team but still employed by the club.

So wages are probably around 70-80m total as a base before any bonuses etc. There absolutely should be money available if this was a sane world.

The 112.2m figure included promotion bonuses and "onerous contract provisions" payment to players not in the first team but still employed by the club.

So wages are probably around 70-80m total as a base before any bonuses etc. There absolutely should be money available if this was a sane world.

Well I don't believe that for a second. For one the 'onerous contract provisions' takes into account future years I believe. Also, theres no way our base wage bill is anywhere near 80m. This link suggests less then £50 million for the season after in the Prem: https://talksport.com/football/308730/every-premier-league-club-ranked-their-total-wage-bill-2016-17-171109261432/

Why would anyone give Ashley any benefit of doubt though really?

Well I don't believe that for a second. For one the 'onerous contract provisions' takes into account future years I believe. Also, theres no way our base wage bill is anywhere near 80m. This link suggests less then £50 million for the season after in the Prem: https://talksport.com/football/308730/every-premier-league-club-ranked-their-total-wage-bill-2016-17-171109261432/

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/accounts-year-ending-30-june-2017

I mean it was in their actual accounts filed so whether or not there was some funky accounting is irrelevant, it's the number out there. But if it accounted for future years then there should be even more left for this year etc. That's all.

Anyone quoting over 100m is clearly taking a look at that figure and not realizing the caveats.

Fair enough, and I don't believe our accounts as they've been manipulated as much as possible to hide the truth.

Our wage bill increased by £38 million during a season in the Championship....not possible. Its accounting tricks as usual with this cunt.

Fair enough, and I don't believe our accounts as they've been manipulated as much as possible to hide the truth.

Our wage bill increased by £38 million during a season in the Championship....not possible. Its accounting tricks as usual with this cunt.

no, it increased by about £8m or something and they included £30m to cover the future erroneous contracts bullshit in order to make things look worse than they are on paper

that £30m can't be accounted for twice though so over whatever period that £30m applies to our future wages bills must be £30m lower going forward

unless i'm a fucking idiot

I mean it was in their actual accounts filed so whether or not there was some funky accounting is irrelevant, it's the number out there. But if it accounted for future years then there should be even more left for this year etc. That's all.

Anyone quoting over 100m is clearly taking a look at that figure and not realizing the caveats.

Writing off the wages is purely an accounting action, we still have to pay the money whilst they are under contract so you really can take this into consideration for the actual wage bill.

Having said that we will still have a disproportionately low wage bill for a premier league club simply as the players we buy at the fees we pay won't be on 150k a week and weve not made enough free transfers to suggest that the transfer kitty is being spent on higher wages rather than transfer fres

Writing off the wages is purely an accounting action, we still have to pay the money whilst they are under contract so you really can take this into consideration for the actual wage bill.

Having said that we will still have a disproportionately low wage bill for a premier league club simply as the players we buy at the fees we pay won't be on 150k a week and weve not made enough free transfers to suggest that the transfer kitty is being spent on higher wages rather than transfer fres

So how do you enter their wages in the next years accounts?

When you write them off you create a provision on your balance sheet and a loss in the p&l, when you pay cash you reduce the provision by the amount of cash paid

When you write them off you create a provision on your balance sheet and a loss in the p&l, when you pay cash you reduce the provision by the amount of cash paid

Trying to understand this hungover like :ben:

Mark Douglas (no relation!) asks: Where did the Jorgensen bid money go or the money that we bid for plea go? Isn’t this all very suspect again?

Now this is a good question which I think drills down to the very essence of NUFC’s transfer policy.

The version I have been given is that money is there for signings but they have to tick the right boxes and they have to be what the hierarchy (and by that I think we can safely say Justin Barnes is involved here) feels are right for United’s recruitment policy.

So they felt Jorgensen - a full international going to the World Cup - was worth £17million (at that point) and Alassane Plea was worth £20million but no more. And that money is not available for other deals because every deal has to be judged on its own merits.

It’s effectively trying to get the perfect deal across the line.

One of Rafa’s red lines for signing a contract is that he gets full and final say on transfers. So if there’s £30million in the transfer fund, he wants total control over how that’s spent. If it’s £25million on a 31-year-old, he wants permission to spend it that way rather than going through various levels of management before spending it.

The other version of it is that United know the bids will fail and so they aren’t serious with them. But let’s give them the benefit of the doubt.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-news-transfers-live-14935372

Mark Douglas (no relation!) asks: Where did the Jorgensen bid money go or the money that we bid for plea go? Isn’t this all very suspect again?

Now this is a good question which I think drills down to the very essence of NUFC’s transfer policy.

The version I have been given is that money is there for signings but they have to tick the right boxes and they have to be what the hierarchy (and by that I think we can safely say Justin Barnes is involved here) feels are right for United’s recruitment policy.

So they felt Jorgensen - a full international going to the World Cup - was worth £17million (at that point) and Alassane Plea was worth £20million but no more. And that money is not available for other deals because every deal has to be judged on its own merits.

It’s effectively trying to get the perfect deal across the line.

One of Rafa’s red lines for signing a contract is that he gets full and final say on transfers. So if there’s £30million in the transfer fund, he wants total control over how that’s spent. If it’s £25million on a 31-year-old, he wants permission to spend it that way rather than going through various levels of management before spending it.

The other version of it is that United know the bids will fail and so they aren’t serious with them. But let’s give them the benefit of the doubt.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-news-transfers-live-14935372

Fuck the "hierarchy". Wish them all the worst.

bye rafa, it's been great