Transfer rumours

Yorkie

There's a very good chance discussing transfer rumours is entirely moot, but I have to say I liked seeing this in the Beeb's gossip page:

Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez wants to sign Burnley's 19-year-old English forward Dwight McNeil, as well as two Bournemouth midfielders - Scotland international Ryan Fraser, 25, and 21-year-old Welshman David Brooks.

McNeil is the midfielder and Fraser and Brooks are the forwards/midfielders.

No chance, anyway.

Haha, we aren't attracting Brooks or Fraser here.  And I doubt we could afford either.

They'd probably prefer to work under Eddie Howe anyway.

Aye doubt they’d want to leave a club that holds 10,000 people and come play for one that holds 52,000 :doh:

Or move to a club that finished above them last season that are also practically in the same midtable position as them this season :doh:

Or be coached by a Champions League winner :doh:

Quick quiz question for everyone who averages more shots a game this season “Attacking” Eddie Howe or “Negative” Rafa Benitez?

I suggest people do their research instead of just churning out what Skysports tells you.

Haha, we aren't attracting Brooks or Fraser here.  And I doubt we could afford either.

Aye doubt they’d want to leave a club that holds 10,000 people and come play for one that holds 52,000 :doh:

Or move to a club that finished above them last season that are also practically in the same midtable position as them this season :doh:

Quick quiz question for everyone who averages more shots a game this season “Attacking” Eddie Howe or “Negative” Rafa Benitez?

I suggest people do their research instead of just churning out what Skysports tells you.

Master-level wind-up from Shearergol

And about as right as Rio Ferdinand too :lol:

And about as right as Rio Ferdinand too :lol:

That's kinda the point of the wind-up, but there you go.

Have you got alerts setup on your phone like?

Northern Echo reckons a Cairney- Gayle swap deal could be a possibility

Rather we use Gayle as our leverage for Rondon given that they seem to really want to keep him :thup:

Our interest in the likes of Cairney and Mooy are surely a thing of the past as they don’t have the skill set to play either of the 2 deep base positions in the 3-4-2-1 system we play now.

I always thought both links were strange considering both are absolutely terrible when out of possession and arn’t Rafa type players.

Northern Echo reckons a Cairney- Gayle swap deal could be a possibility

It sounds like lazy reporting from what other newspapers were reporting. I think we can and should do better than signing Cairney though I could see Gayle moving to Fulham in the summer.

Would anyone take any players from the (potentially) relegated teams?

Always liked the look of Billing at Huddersfield

Like the look of Victor Camarasa he has contributed to 9 goals in 29 games this season :thup:

Player with great energy and technique has a set piece on him too.