Transfer rumours

Yorkie

It's a bit mad how when you read through social media just how many fans seem positive on the idea of selling Schar and Lejeune to make way for Holding or whoever. In my mind, they're the two most talented defenders at the club  ???

These are the same people who support Bruce like.

Two decent defenders who can play, it's a mystery why Bruce has no idea how to use them.

It's almost as if our manager isn't capable of using footballers and just wants a clogger.

I assumed that was why he dropped Schar in the first place, and would get rid of Lejeune as well given the chance. They are footballing centre backs, and Bruce prefers big hard lads who can clatter a striker and welly the ball long. Footballing defenders are probably a waste of time for us now anyway, you can't play good football with cheap players.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Swap deals are mentioned every transfer window for about 8263728 different clubs, but do they actually ever happen? :lol:

Guest Cheesy Beans

Don't rate Wilson as highly as others seem to, but he's unquestionably better than what we have

Agree but I was surprised his PL goal ratio was as high as 1:3.

Suppose it’s a slight improvement on Joelinton’s 1:14.

I like Wilson but he has an injury in him (done his acl in both knees) which is terrifying considering our constant issue with those on the whole.

The more I think about it for a pure goal getter we really should go for Michy Batshuayi. He gets in behind and is so dangerous in the box. His all around game can be inconsistent, but the way we started using Joelinton as a link man coming in from out wide in the 4-2-3-1 I think that mitigates that. Worked well for Gayle who is very much a poacher and not much else as he got goals and was effective once we switched the formation.

I think most clubs are looking for more modern all around forwards and that could work to our advantage with Michy. The article below regarding why he hasn't had as much interest in him is really interesting. Think he would really suit us though. We are desperate for an out and out goal scorer. Similar to what Papiss Cisse was for us previously.

https://footballwhispers.com/blog/the-world-class-goalscorer-no-club-wants-the-curious-case-of-michy-batshuayi/

Batshuayi would be very good, i.e no chance in hell

The sad thing is if we want him we could get him. Chelsea have decided to move him on, particularly as he is in the final year of his contract now, and they will be using Werner, Abraham and Giroud, while Havertz can also play up top.

Going to be interesting to see who we end up with, if anyone. There are a decent number of options out there in the likes of Callum Wilson, Josh King, Alfredo Morelos, Michy Batshuayi, and even Ollie Watkins. It will be terrible if we end up blowing it.

Guest Howaythetoon

I reckon it will be Callum Wilson and he will be here by next Tuesday.

I agree Batshuayi would be perfect but he will be out of our league and he will have far better options than us in our current state.

Would rather play Pardew up front!

Talk of Callum Wilson and Batshuayi :lol: it'll be someone shitter and cheaper than either of those two. Hal Robson-Kanu on deadline day is my best guess.

I mentioned him a few weeks back as a joke but now I think he might be the one :lol:

The sad thing is if we want him we could get him. Chelsea have decided to move him on, particularly as he is in the final year of his contract now, and they will be using Werner, Abraham and Giroud, while Havertz can also play up top.

Going to be interesting to see who we end up with, if anyone. There are a decent number of options out there in the likes of Callum Wilson, Josh King, Alfredo Morelos, Michy Batshuayi, and even Ollie Watkins. It will be terrible if we end up blowing it.

Please stop pushing this rumour - it makes me vomit in my mouth every time I read it...

Please stop pushing this rumour - it makes me vomit in my mouth every time I read it...

Unrealisitc signing? Or you think he's bad?

Absolutely awful signing. Not good enough, and frankly broken in the head.

Would certainly prefer the money collect interest in Ashley’s account and persist with Joelinton.

Would certainly prefer the money collect interest in Ashley’s account and persist with Joelinton.

Ah, I see. Fair enough.

I think Joelinton will be used deeper going forward with a more established striker coming in, as was the case late in the season.

In any case I definitely agree that Morelos is super feisty, but honestly, as long as it is curtailed and channelled more productively I wouldn't mind a bit of that in our team to be honest.

As far as quality goes it's tough to say for sure with it being the Scottish league. I ended up watching him mostly in the Europa League from last season and he was really good, particularly against Porto. I think he'll go on to do well provided he can control his agro sensibly.

Is he that bad?

Joelinton is absolutely shite don’t forget

Would prefer an aggressive striker who pushes a bit than a big lump with the heart of a pea

We wont be able to shift Muto and we will be told he looks great in training, along with a returning Joelinton with another "Goal Vow".

Plenty of great options out there, and mentioned above. We wont end up with any of them.

Lots of good options indeed ...

Start first game with Murphy up top