Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Douglas said we weren't interested earlier today:

Le 10 Sport understand that Premier League side Newcastle United submitted a loan offer to Lille for midfielder Thiago Maia, but that the offer has been rejected for the Brazilian.

The offer included an option to buy, but LOSC have turned it down as they would prefer to sell outright and immediately.

All this loan with option to buy shit, i’m assuming we have to wait another year for the tv money to actually be used for transfers? Is this year’s gonna be used to pay Ashley’s loan?

:lol: fairly certain that our accounting dept is just

All this loan with option to buy shit, i’m assuming we have to wait another year for the tv money to actually be used for transfers? Is this year’s gonna be used to pay Ashley’s loan?

I'd be fine with that if it meant Ashley had no more excuses for not spending.

The reality is he probably pays clever accountants more than anyone else in his empire :puke:

Almost looking forward to studying next years financial submission from the club.

I'd be fine with that if it meant Ashley had no more excuses for not spending.

The reality is he probably pays clever accountants more than anyone else in his empire :puke:

Almost looking forward to studying next years financial submission from the club.

If we don't buy a couple of players soon we're going to run out of contracts to amortise, then where will the imaginary debt go?

What are we fucking around with loans for anyway? We're a Premier League side due a massive amount of tv money and so far we've spent £4m on a keeper and signed Ki on a free transfer. Now we're fannying around with loan bids for a guy who would probably only cost about £8m to sign permanently. Spend the fucking money we have you complete and utter cunts.

What are we fucking around with loans for anyway? We're a Premier League side due a massive amount of tv money and so far we've spent £4m on a keeper and signed Ki on a free transfer. Now we're fannying around with loan bids for a guy who would probably only cost about £8m to sign permanently. Spend the fucking money we have you complete and utter cunts.

??? For Maia? Closer to 20 million I'd imagine, he was bought for 12 million only recently.

Because they won't want to spend a load of money and then have a new manager next summer and not rate Kenedy at all then we are either stuck with him or have to shift him at a loss. That will be how they are looking at this window.

??? For Maia? Closer to 20 million I'd imagine, he was bought for 12 million only recently.

Didn't know that, I'm sure I read something a few weeks ago that said he was available for £8-10m? Something about him being a bit of a flop last season and they were looking to sell (sounds great...)

Because they won't want to spend a load of money and then have a new manager next summer and not rate Kenedy at all then we are either stuck with him or have to shift him at a loss. That will be how they are looking at this window.

By that logic no club would ever spend any money on players, as the majority of managers don't seem to last more than a season or two.

By that logic no club would ever spend any money on players, as the majority of managers don't seem to last more than a season or two.

True, but I don't think we are approaching these things in the way most other clubs are, because chopping and changing costs so much money. If there is no guarantee Rafa will be here long-term, then they will hold back as much as possible in order to sweeten the deal for whoever their next long-term choice is, even though that manager will be a downgrade on what we have now.

True, but I don't think we are approaching these things in the way most other clubs are, because chopping and changing costs so much money. If there is no guarantee Rafa will be here long-term, then they will hold back as much as possible in order to sweeten the deal for whoever their next long-term choice is, even though that manager will be Alan Pardew.

FYP  O0

Portuguese press unfortunately:

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/Noticias/Ver/739261

SAD Sporting president Sousa Cintra has a scheduled meeting with Bruno Fernandes's manager to discuss the player's future, according to the Sunday edition of A BOLA.

The purpose of the meeting will be to analyze the details of the player's exit and the entrepreneur to know how much lions intend to solve their future.

The player has been pointed to Tottenham, Atletico Madrid, Monaco, West Ham or Newcastle