Transfer rumours

Yorkie

for cheap money and as 4th choice and if our doctors gives  O0 up...then bring the local boy home...he offers something else when chasing a result.

For gods sake, the lad was forced out when he just started living his childhood dream....local hero coming home  :lol:

respect for the shirt should not be a problem...

If he stays fit, this would be a really solid move. Makes a lot of sense.

Hopefully coming back to Newcastle should give him an added boost and motivation to really commit to going the extra mile to take care of his body, due to the issues he's had.

Guest neesy111

Hopefully coming back to Newcastle should give him an added boost and motivation to really commit to going the extra mile to take care of his body, due to the issues he's had.

This comment really doesn't surprise me.

It shouldn't because it makes sense.

Guest neesy111

It shouldn't because it makes sense.

So footballer who's 30 is just going to take care of his body NOW because he's coming back to newcastle.  Get real man.

It’s going to work a treat to get fans back on board though. Stevey Bruce manager, local hero returning.

And better yet, it’s incredibly cheap for fat Mike and none of them will make a fuss about achievement or anything inconvenient about that.

:yao:

Guest reefatoon

PAOP would obviously be a contract with a smaller base pay and higher appearance bonuses, it wouldn't be purely Pay as you Play.

Exactly, it's just a phrase that some people take too literally.

PAOP would obviously be a contract with a smaller base pay and higher appearance bonuses, it wouldn't be purely Pay as you Play.

Don't agree. It's a phrase some people seem to want to use which is completely incorrect. It is nothing like the so called "pay as you play" when you are getting paid when you are not playing and getting bonuses. Just silly Football manager used words that never really happen in the real world.

Guest reefatoon

It’s going to work a treat to get fans back on board though. Stevey Bruce manager, local hero returning.

And better yet, it’s incredibly cheap for fat Mike and none of them will make a fuss about achievement or anything inconvenient about that.

Have to agree. It will be announced tomorrow or Saturday to whip up a frenzy. Tickets will be flying out.

Don't agree. It's a phrase some people seem to want to use which is completely incorrect. It is nothing like the so called "pay as you play" when you are getting paid when you are not playing and getting bonuses. Just silly Football manager used words that never really happen in the real world.

I've brought this subject up twice recently and I've still never seen any evidence that such a deal exists or has indeed ever existed.

Carroll is the sofa.com, Jack Wills or House of Fraser of the football world. The fat lad has wanted to pick up something for free that was previously worth £35m ever since he sold him tbh.

He'll try to build him back into something saleable. That's a certainty.

Personally, wouldn't touch AC with a bargepole but it's a very interesting change of squad dynamic and culture from finesse and integrity through to charva's like AC, Shelvey, Colback etc etc.

Have to agree. It will be announced tomorrow or Saturday to whip up a frenzy. Tickets will be flying out.

Hmm, probably. It doesn't align with the transfer policy in any way, shape or form; but - from the board's point of view - the negative of that is probably outweighed by the positives yous have listed there.

Once again, it'd be a transfer which has absolutely bugger all to do with a genuine and methodical attempt to build a fit-for-purpose team. This is just being opportunist, more than anything. A bit like Ashley's business practices in the retail world.

He's been a free agent for weeks and if we weren't involved he'd presumably be starting the season without a club. In today's world of analytical superheroes, that tells you everything you need to know. I like Carroll but there's clearly a fundamental issue with his body which has prevented any sensible Premier League outfit from taking a punt.

:lol: Ah well. Andy Carroll from January-December 2010 is one of my favourite ever players at the club. In spite of everything in my last post, I'd be lying if I said I won't enjoy him wearing the badge again. Can just imagine his daft face smiling loads.

Urgh, I wish Rafa was still here and I could properly enjoy things.

Steve must think Andy Carroll is better than any other striker out there worth up to £30m given that's the transfer budget he has left (as was widely reported pre and post his arrival).

After all he wants quality not quantity.