Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I have a bad feeling that on deadline day, Bruce will be given at least one free transfer of his choice and it'd probably be someone like Andy Carroll. Elmohamady is still with Villa right?

Called it yesterday. Just knew we going in for him.

If he's replacing Joselu, fine. If he's replacing Gayle, not fine.

Make it pay-as-you-play too.

He'll be replacing both imo if he does sign, i actually think it's quite sensible if he can stay fit, which he won't so that'll make it mental to sign him.

But as player with his ability i certainly would have him in the squad.

How the hell can anyone see this as positive in any way  :lol:

He's completely done at Prem level and a permacrock who'd never play anyway. Might as well get Shearer if they're just looking for a token PR "one of our own" signing, his body is probably in similar shape

Guest neesy111

I don't understand the negativity taking Carroll back (as long as he is fit!).

he would provide decent cover for big Joe up front.

:lol:

Cover means having a player who's fit.

How the hell can anyone see this as positive in any way  :lol:

He's completely done at Prem level and a permacrock who'd never play anyway. Might as well get Shearer if they're just looking for a token PR "one of our own" signing, his body is probably in similar shape

When he was fit he always looked good and dangerous. So wouldn’t say he’s ‘done’ saying that tho he’s never fit

:lol:

Cover means having a player who's fit.

which is why we are doing an extensive medical and he will be on a POAP deal. better than Joselu which I know really isn't an endorsement but it is either AC or nowt under this regime.

That's precisely why I think he's done, he can't ever seem to stay fit because I think his body simply can't handle consistently performing at the level needed in the Prem

Just sign big Al, put him in a motorised scooter if need be and wire him up with a mic and GoPro so he can do commentary for MoTD while he plays, it'd be a good gimmick

Unfortunately the only thing he will cover is the physio table

If Carroll looked after himself he'd be an absolute beast and would be a top 6 striker. He doesn't. His lifestyle choices on top of reoccurring injuries will forever hamper him.

If he stays off the gak and puts his all into training there could be a player and a half there but we have a soft touch for a manager and a club that has no hope so there's a good chance he'll end up doing an Amy Winehouse.