Transfer rumours

Yorkie

The lad is unplayable on his day, but as ever - his fitness is the real question.

It's a no brainer, for me.

Hopefully now that's he's playing for a club he loves, especially that it is an opportunity through a somewhat unexpected second chance, he'll get his act together and look after himself a little bit better.

Not the best window, but certainly not the worst. Added competiton for both fullbacks/wingbacks. There's a lot of pressure on Joelinton, ASM and Almiron to replace the goals we've lost from last season.

Kept Longstaff, Schar and Hayden, as well.

Those three staying is actually a real bonus and a genuine surprise tbh.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

Single worst summer I've had as a Newcastle fan.

Aye, but that's got nowt to do with transfers. That's all Rafa and the fakeover.

If we had kept Rondon and Perez and signed a good CM along with the other signings we made, then it had been very good. Now, not so much.

I think Joelinton could be an upgrade for us. He's obviously more versatile, looks like he offers the same qualities as Rondon, probably pacier but is also able to carry the ball forward which should add another dimension to our attack.

Dennis Wise told me this.

Not the best window, but certainly not the worst. Added competiton for both fullbacks/wingbacks. There's a lot of pressure on Joelinton, ASM and Almiron to replace the goals we've lost from last season.

Kept Longstaff, Schar and Hayden, as well.

Those three staying is actually a real bonus and a genuine surprise tbh.

The squad still needs trimming down to 25. I can see one of Schar or Lejeune being sold abroad. Dubravka too, possibly.

If we had kept Rondon and Perez and signed a good CM along with the other signings we made, then it had been very good. Now, not so much.

I think Joelinton could be an upgrade for us. He's obviously more versatile, looks like he offers the same qualities as Rondon, probably pacier but is also able to carry the ball forward which should add another dimension to our attack.

Dennis Wise told me this.

Yes he could, but we have no depth at CF.

If we signed Joelinton for £10m-£15m then everyone would be worried. His alleged price tag is covering up a lot of cracks, his stats simply don’t inspire you. Even if you argue that he brings others into play more, we still don’t have that player who can put away the chances he’s supposed to make.

Even if by some chance he does become a hit and bangs in the goals, then at £40m (if you believe that fee), it would simply take a £50m-£55m fee for Ashley to sell him and we’ll be right back at square one. For what it’s worth, £50m-£55m is the type of fee the likes of Everton, Leicester, West Ham etc will all be willing to pay.

This window in isolation is quite good tbf. Joelinton is a gamble but so is every signing. Gayle/Carroll is better backup than Joselu. Saint-Maximin and Almiron is pretty exciting. Kept all the rest of our best players and got players in at wing back where we were quite weak, even if they are also gambles/unproven

This window in isolation is quite good tbf. Joelinton is a gamble but so is every signing. Gayle/Carroll is better backup than Joselu. Saint-Maximin and Almiron is pretty exciting. Kept all the rest of our best players and got players in at wing back where we were quite weak, even if they are also gambles/unproven

We still needs a better midfielder, and another winger. We could have done with getting a back up forward who stands a chance of not being united as well.

Guest chopey

I think we should have signed Almiron's old partner Josef Martínez rather than Saint Maximin

I think we should have signed Almiron's old partner Josef Martínez rather than Saint Maximin

I have been saying this for a while.

It was a remarkable window for Bruce because he's never been at a club of this stature and been in the PL in this era of these kind of fees. So yes it was remarkable for ol' Brucey boy.

Single worst summer I've had as a Newcastle fan.

Totally agree. I've supported them for 32 years. Couldn't be more disenfranchised with the club, the majority of fans or the ownership than I am right now.