Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest Butcher

The club wouldn't entertain offering Rondon a permanent deal but seem desperate to get Rose signed up

Wage demands

There’s a reason he’s in China and not at a decent European club now.

Guest Butcher

Sure, but then Rondon would probably be on twice as much as our 2nd best paid player and that would cause problems within the squad.

I'm quite sure that, like Rafa, Rondon's wage demands to stay with us wouldn't have been as high as his demands to go and play for a Chinese team. I'd be very surprised if he wouldn't have accepted a competitive wage that would admittedly have been one of the highest in the squad.

I'm quite sure that, like Rafa, Rondon's wage demands to stay with us wouldn't have been as high as his demands to go and play for a Chinese team. I'd be very surprised if he wouldn't have accepted a competitive wage that would admittedly have been one of the highest in the squad.

Agreed, and even if he was paid the most/wanted to be paid the most, who would that have been particularly hard on? Perez, maybe? Dubravka at a push? He was the number nine and fulcrum of the team.

Agreed, and even if he was paid the most/wanted to be paid the most, who would that have been particularly hard on? Perez, maybe? Dubravka at a push? He was the number nine and fulcrum of the team.

This.  I would have been quite happy for them to have made him our highest earner and that's coming from someone who was unimpressed at best when signed.  He was fantastic for us, a real focal point and leader.

Regarding rumours of NUFC going for Gareth Bale if the takeover goes through, Guillem Balague says Bale won't leave Real Madrid unless he gets the same wages he's currently on: -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53403060

As things stand, if someone was to come to him and offer him a way back to the Premier League he would certainly not take it.

He does not want to hear any offer from anyone at the moment and wants to stay at Real Madrid until the last day of his contract.

If he was to move it would only be on the condition that he would be earning more than he is currently earning at Real Madrid, because otherwise what would be the point of moving? And he knows nobody will offer that.