Newcastle United 0 - 3 Chelsea (30/10/21)

Disco

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

It's baffling.

Every single match, one of our players jogs towards the opponent. Opponent passes ball, player runs back into postion and another player jogs towards the new opponent that got the ball and so on and so on until the opponent find a run or some space to create something.

Every single match, whenever we get the ball, the opponent team closes our player down with at least 2 players resulting in either a back pass, an aimless hoof or outright losing possession.

Wise Words.

Guest reefatoon

Men against boys in the second half. We have looked clueless, lost, leaderless and scared. Got exactly what we deserved for that second half performance. Onwards and upwards now. Let’s look at bringing a manager in with his own team of coaches, as these players need something different from what they have been getting the last 2 years.

Edited by reefatoon

We desperately need someone who actually knows how to organise the players we have into a team because that was a woeful display after they scored.

Amateur stuff at the back.  Completely devoid of ideas going forward if ASM gets marked out of the game (which happens far too easily).

You can’t play for 0-0’s against sides like these without commiting to at least some form of attacking. Chelsea just parked in our half after half time because they knew nothing was coming back. Pathetic once we went 1 down and very similar performance to Palace except Chelsea actually punished us. 

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

I'm not blaming Jones so much for that. Most of the players are thick, this is the reality. 

He’s not a manager, never will be. This is why we can’t have him trying to be one for many games. Hopefully that was his last, because if it isn’t we are in serious trouble.

Don't know why I expected otherwise but I'm sick of hearing commentators wank themselves unconscious with the "but... but... if Steve Bruce produced a performance like this..." spiel :lol:

He would have done. Probably would have produced even worse performances. Literally no-one wants Jones as permanent manager. Shut the fuck up :lol:

2 minutes ago, ikri said:

We desperately need someone who actually knows how to organise the players we have into a team because that was a woeful display after they scored.

Amateur stuff at the back.  Completely devoid of ideas going forward if ASM gets marked out of the game (which happens far too easily).

ASM gets marked out of the game because he’s too lazy to try and make himself space, all the best players make themselves space, how many times do you see 3 players on salah but he still makes chances 

Edited by nufcnick

Just now, nufcnick said:

ASM gets marked out of the game because he’s too lazy to try and make himself space 

ASM gets marked out of the game because he's our only player who can carry a ball or get forward (Either due to skillset, instructions, or a combination of both), and therefore the opposition can just stick 3 or 4 men on him and not worry about anyone else on the pitch because they know we can't hurt them.

Just now, mighty__mag said:

I'm not blaming Jones so much for that. Most of the players are thick, this is the reality. 

I didn't like the set up. ASM is better on the bench if we were set up like that. Almiron or even joelinton would have offered more. 

Senior players like Lascelles making stupid boneless fouls unnecessary. Wilson was poor but isolated. Ritchie a mess. Clarke shouldn't be playing. 

A non existent CM, almost like we have needed to address that the past 5 windows.

New manager that isn't martinez can't come quick enough to implement new ideas and energy.

That was absolutely awful.

I get the idea behind trying to make us hard to break down, but holy shit you've got to at least TRY to go forward every once in a while. The amount of times Hayden or Ritchie would get a ball and pass backwards or sideways was incredible. Darlow is not up to it, looked scared to death all match long.

We need an injection of belief and confidence from a new manager more than anything else. And about 10 new players.

I watched Brighton today and they were phenomenal at Anfield. Looked miles beyond anything we've shown for years. We are in deep trouble.

Just now, PeepShow4life said:

Jones is just a nicer version (not hard) of Bruce.

Same awful team selection, same rubbish tactics, same outcome.

Anyone with half a brain could see that playing the same team that got played off the pitch against Crystal Palace was a bad idea.

What? :lol: 

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

He’s not a manager, never will be. This is why we can’t have him trying to be one for many games. Hopefully that was his last, because if it isn’t we are in serious trouble.

Nobody said he was a manager. 

I did notice Staveley looked very frustrated, at least she's probably understanding the major issues she's now inherited. The players are not great, Lascelles encourages the midfield onto the defence, the players are as much to blame in all this. Major decisions from the hierarchy needed to transform this side after Christmas.