Newcastle United 0 - 3 Chelsea (30/10/21)

Disco

16 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Said “Can’t wait til we get an actual manager” and was met with loads of nackas breaking their necks to tell me that we’ll have the same players. 

Don’t care what anyone says, a decent manager can get a tune out of this team. 

I don't get that mentality at all, it's blatantly obvious that a decent manager can get a better tune out of the same players as a crap manager. I mean, we've seen it personally with our own squad and there's still bell-ends that put everything on the players.

Just now, Thomson Mouse said:

What? :lol: 

Did you actually watch the game? We were dreadful. Couldn't string three passes together all game. Maximin has always been awful through the middle so why play him there? Why is Clarke in there ahead of Schar and Fernandez.

It's pretty obvious that Jones is to blame as well as Bruce for our performances this season.

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Nobody said he was a manager. 

I did notice Staveley looked very frustrated, at least she's probably understanding the major issues she's now inherited. The players are not great, Lascelles encourages the midfield onto the defence, the players are as much to blame in all this. Major decisions from the hierarchy needed to transform this side after Christmas. 

I didn’t say anyone said he was a manager.

5 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

What? :lol: 

I'm actually shocked at what appears your constant shock to people's comments. You seem to be responding like there's a night and day difference between how Bruce had us playing and how Jones has us playing, when IMO clearly there isn't. 

Be interested to hear your thoughts on how you think we're doing rather than just your surprise at others. 

On the bus home we were utterly fucking tragic from start to finish .

Sorry GJ you can fuck of anarl.

Longstaff,  disgrace

Frazer ,disgrace

I could go on.One of the worst I've ever seen this 

The defeat is entirely predictable and no surprise. The nature of the defeat was absolutely pathetic and inexcusable. There was nothing ‘game management’ about it. It’s was cowardice and terrible management full stop.
He might not be a manager but at least have a fucking go!

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The subs were horrific as well. Bring on two new players to do the exact same job of the old players, changing nothing at all. 

And Shelvey whos offered us nothing since the Championship. 

6 minutes ago, PeepShow4life said:

Did you actually watch the game? We were dreadful. Couldn't string three passes together all game. Maximin has always been awful through the middle so why play him there? Why is Clarke in there ahead of Schar and Fernandez.

It's pretty obvious that Jones is to blame as well as Bruce for our performances this season.

This ,sorry what I saw today was an incredible mess of a set up, boom from Darlow to no one every fucking time , a midfield told NOT to tackle , and ASM wasted.

That was a 100% utter disgrace from every cunt .Top to bottom , shite .

I don't get the criticism or the defending of Jones tbh. He's not a manager so I wouldn't really expect him to do the right things a good manager would do, especially against Chelsea. He gets excused rather than criticised or defended in my book.

Edited by kisearch

For what it's worth, we were resolute-ish until the first goal, but it was entirely at the expense of any attacking intent and there was absolutely no response plan for when we inevitably go behind.

Their manager found a solution by overloading the fullbacks, and our manager had no answer which was reflected in the utter mess of a performance from that point on. 

The players overall are not up to standard but there's far more to be had from them. 

2 minutes ago, kisearch said:

I don't get the criticism or the defending of Jones tbh. He's not a manager so I wouldn't really expect him to do the right things a good manager would do, especially against Chelsea. He gets excused rather than criticised or defended in my book.

He's on a hiding to nothing and is being hampered personally by him having this wildly unrealistic expectation that he's managed to build despite doing nowt. Fairly typical reactions from fans who are less and less based in reality every day that passes.

Just now, Lenny said:

For what it's worth, we were resolute-ish until the first goal, but it was entirely at the expense of any attacking intent and there was absolutely no response plan for when we inevitably go behind.

Their manager found a solution by overloading the fullbacks, and our manager had no answer which was reflected in the utter mess of a performance from that point on. 

The players overall are not up to standard but there's far more to be had from them. 

Resolute? We never put a foot in ffs, they were passing round us like a junior team ....resolute means we put a tackle in, we didn't the whole game .

It was as grim as it gets . 

And yes the players are thick as pigs shit 

Just now, kisearch said:

I don't get the criticism or the defending of Jones tbh. He's not the manager so I wouldn't really expect him to do the right things a good manager would do, especially against Chelsea. He gets excused rather than criticised or defended in my book.

Just because he's not "the manager" doesn't mean he escapes criticism. He's the manager today; he's the one who sets them up, picks the team and tells them how to play. If that's rancid, he's deserving of criticism. Today and vs Palace we were rancid.

He's also been a coach here for a good while, it's not like he just walked into the club. He's been working with these players for months. I'm not going to start screaming that we need a managerial appointment tomorrow or anything daft like that, but from what we've seen so far Jones is fucking terrible.

I don't dislike him, in fact he seems very decent and comes across well. I'm sure he's a nice bloke and loves the club, etc etc, but that's not enough. So many of us can see what's wrong and what we need to do better - press more, play our best players, put ASM on the wing, get a bit higher up the pitch, we're talking genuinely basic shit here - if he cannot see that he deserves criticism.

Just now, GWN said:

Resolute? We never put a foot in ffs, they were passing round us like a junior team ....resolute means we put a tackle in, we didn't the whole game .

It was as grim as it gets . 

And yes the players are thick as pigs shit 

I'm not going to get into overly praising anything about that performance but I like to think I can be balanced in my view of particular events, even if the end result is piss poor. Until the first goal we had been relatively organised and were frustrating them into taking long shots. 

Don't interpret that as me being happy in anyway however and as I said though that was totally at the expense of attacking intent, and their manager reacted tactically and found us out. 

Just now, Lenny said:

I'm not going to get into overly praising anything about that performance but I like to think I can be balanced in my view of particular events, even if the end result is piss poor. Until the first goal we had been relatively organised and were frustrating them into taking long shots. 

Don't interpret that as me being happy in anyway however and as I said though that was totally at the expense of attacking intent, and their manager reacted tactically and found us out. 

They missed 2 glorious chances in the first half and in truth everyone in the ground was waiting for the first to go in mate , no point denying it was simply a matter of time , we made it so easy for them for 90 mins solid. 

Just now, GWN said:

They missed 2 glorious chances in the first half and in truth everyone in the ground was waiting for the first to go in mate , no point denying it was simply a matter of time , we made it so easy for them for 90 mins solid. 

Not sure I'm denying anything to be honest, but your opinion is as valid as mine :thup: