How would you rank the current PL Managers?

6 minutes ago, JJ7 said:

I'd have OGS last of the lot. Absolutely nothing to suggest he's a good manager.

Do you rate Potter? You know, the guy at the club with the 6th highest gross spend and the 9th highest net spend in the Premier League the past five seasons?

Edited by Kaizero

5 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

OGS 9th? [emoji38]

Please explain? Genuinely curious.

I'd have him about halfway to be fair. He's obviously no where near the likes of Klopp, Pep and Conte, but he's got a bit more about him than the likes of  Dyche and Ranieri.

2 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Do you rate Potter?

Quite highly from what I have seen and read. Brighton have come on a lot since Hughton left, who also did a good job. Their style of play is also good.

1 minute ago, JJ7 said:

Quite highly from what I have seen and read. Brighton have come on a lot since Hughton left, who also did a good job. Their style of play is also good.

The guy at the club with the 6th highest gross spend and the 9th highest net spend in the Premier League the past five seasons? What is there to suggest he is a good manager? He almost got that team relegated last season.

(I know his spell at Ostersund qualifies as suggesting he is a good manager, but a better performance by OGS in a league of the same standard apparently does not suggest OGS is a good manager at the same time as Potter being good - hence my annoyance)

Edited by Kaizero

1 minute ago, Kaizero said:

The guy at the club with the 6th highest gross spend and the 9th highest net spend in the Premier League the past five seasons? What is there to suggest he is a good manager? He almost got that team relegated last season.

They were 13 points clear of the relegation zone. He changed the way they played and improved throughout the season. They're now sitting 7th with only 2 defeats in 11 games. I think he's done a fairly impressive job.

3 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

They play some fantastic football, they create a lot of chances they just don't have a clinical striker to put them away. 

Regarding net spend, that's fair enough but their squad is still not great, they've come up from the championship and their squad needed/needs a lot of investment.

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

1) Klopp

2) Conte

3) Pep

4) Tuchel

5) Rodgers

6) Benitez

7) Bielsa

8) Howe

9) OGS

10) Moyes

11) Hasenhuttl

12) Potter

13) Dyche

14) Ranieri

15) Arteta

16) Frank

17) Vieira

18) Lage

:lol: on a hiding to nothing by putting him anywhere but last, rightly or wrongly.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

1. Klopp

2. Guardiola

3. Conte

4. Tuchel

5. Benitez

6. Ranieri

7. Bielsa

8. Rodgers

9. Hassenhutl

10. Moyes

11. Lage

12. Frank

13. Potter

14. Dyche

15. Arteta
16. Vieira

17. Solskjaer

Bottom half is difficult tbh.

1 minute ago, kisearch said:

Yet Ranieri won the league with Leicester and finished 2nd with Chelsea, semi finals of the Champions League, won the Copa del Rey and the Coppa Italia and it's fine that he's not rated that highly by anyone either. 

Nobody can argue that what Ranieri did was a miracle but I think the fact he's been fairly average everywhere else is why people don't rate him that highly. 

Would anyone haven taken. him at NUFC? I wouldn't have.

7 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Nobody can argue that what Ranieri did was a miracle but I think the fact he's been fairly average everywhere else is why people don't rate him that highly. 

Would anyone haven taken. him at NUFC? I wouldn't have.

Just goes to show how much it's often about being the right fit or right place at the right time. No one would have had Moyes where he is after Sunderland or before his West Ham renaissance.

Edited by kisearch

1. Pep

2. Klopp

3. Tuchel

4. Conte

5. Benitez

6. Bielsa

7. Rodgers

8. Ranieri

9. Howe

10. Moyes

11. Hassenhuttl 

12. Potter

13. Dyche

14. Arteta

15. Vieira

16. OGS

Frank/Lage, don’t know enough about them

Re: Ranieri, look at Sampdoria this season compared to last. The same players, different manager.

Edited by Collage

I know its all opinions but shocked at anyone not putting Guardiola at number 1. Won 10 trophies at city to go with 21 at Barca and Bayern. Played probably the best football since Premier began

1. Guardiola 

2. Klopp

3. Conte

4. Tuchel

5. Rodgers

6. Potter

7. Bielsa

8. Benitez

9. Moyes

10. Howe

11. Dyche

12. Hassenhuthl

13. Vieira 

14. Solskjaer 

15. Ranieri

16. Frank

17. Arteta

18. Lage (Too early to gage) 

I think Klopp’s impact at Liverpool has been bigger than Guardiola’s at Man City, he’s done it with less money, and he’s also managed successfully at a lower level which I think should mean something.

Guest neesy111
8 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I think Klopp’s impact at Liverpool has been bigger than Guardiola’s at Man City, he’s done it with less money, and he’s also managed successfully at a lower level which I think should mean something.

This.

5 minutes ago, Collage said:

I think you need to let go of this Potter-OGS thing, you seem obsessive

I am 100% obsessive. It's not logical and it annoys me to no end and I don't even like OGS. He steered the team I dislike most in Norway to a decade of success. I hope he crashes and burns. Just don't fucking praise Potter for the same things you'd bash OGS with, it makes no sense. It's dumb. I'll forever bite on that bait.

Edited by Kaizero

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Yep. :lol: But putting him last is beyond idiotic and incredibly childish. 

Thing is, I admit I might be wrong, but tactically I have him as one of the worst managers in the league. I also think he's done a really good job at Man United until this season too, its just someone has to come last :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

I am 100% obsessive. It's not logical and it annoys me to no end and I don't even like OGS. He steered the team I dislike most in Norway to a decade of success. I hope he crashes and burns. Just don't fucking praise Potter for the same things you'd bash OGS with, it makes no sense. It's dumb. I'll forever bite on that bait.

OK. I believe he’s considered to be a good and forward-thinking tactician, his teams play what many would say is quite attractive football with a clear identity. I’m not a big fan and think he’s a bit overrated, btw