The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

What would people prefer out of finishing 9th and burnley relegated or finishing 10th/11th and everton relegated?

Everton relegated, because Burnley next season will likely be an easier fixture than Everton and because they are Everton.

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

What would people prefer out of finishing 9th and burnley relegated or finishing 10th/11th and everton relegated?

Everton down.

Cant see it though, think they’ll beat a knackered Leicester tonight at Goodison. 

2 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Ill win 500 quid if we finish top half but also I just want us to finish as high as possible.  A 9th placed finish will be slightly easier to attract top players than say 11th.

I'd rather see Burnley go down. They've been stinking the league up for long enough now. Relegation and never come back up.

Mind, I still look forward to the day the likes of Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest are back in the league.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

I'd rather see Burnley go down. They've been stinking the league up for long enough now. Relegation and never come back up.

Mind, I still look forward to the day the likes of Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest are back in the league.

Crazy how long they’ve been out of the top flight like. Goes to show what could quite easily have happened to us under Ashley. 

10 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

I don't care who goes down, I don't care who wins the title, the cups, who qualifies for Europe, I only care about us.

Fuck them all, as long as nobody goes out of business.

Having said that, it would be an extraordinarily chortleworthy bonus if Everton went down, like. ?

Yep, Forest down in 1999, Sheff Wed a year later, and neither have been back since, and they must have had at least 10 years between them in the third tier since then, so a whole generation won't have seen them in the top flight.

It looks like Watford will be going, which is kind of a London club, but not officially, but Fulham going up will mean SEVEN London clubs in the PL next season, that's got to be a record, 7 out of 20. At the moment, there are seven northern clubs, three Midlands, and ten southern clubs, and that will likely be similar next year, with possibly a midlands club replacing a northern one, although Luton could make it 11.

I'd personally like to see more Midlands / northern clubs, who were in the top flight when I was growing up getting there, although saying that, I do very much want Everton down this season.

35 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I want us to finish as high up the league as possible and that brings 9th into play, especially with them having an eye on the Europa Conference.

Interesting. Rather see everton down tbh.

Guest HTT II
37 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

I want us to finish as high as possible, so I choose that!

I know I should really want us to finish as high as possible but I really want Everton to go down.

The way their fans behave in general

the way their fans went on when we got the game postponed because of covid

the way they treated Rafa,

the fans expect the best banner,

the Pereira out lampard in graffiti,

Pickford

lampard being a total Wanker in general 

van de beek turning us down coz he didn’t want to be in a relegation battle 

and so much more. Would be far too good to see them go down 

either works for me. I’m just really excited about next season tbh 

Edited by gdm

2 hours ago, Joey47 said:

Us finishing 9th. Some statement of intent to players looking at us as a project but maybe unsure on Howe, if they see us having a second half of the season like that. I know Roeder did similar but we’re going to be signing better players than Martins, Duff, Sibierski, Bernard, Srnicek & Onyewu this summer.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Us finishing 9th. Some statement of intent to players looking at us as a project but maybe unsure on Howe, if they see us having a second half of the season like that. I know Roeder did similar but we’re going to be signing better players than Martins, Duff, Sibierski, Bernard, Srnicek & Onyewu this summer.

Can't believe you've completely ignored Rossi's legacy.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The Gooch!

9 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Tony Sibs was a great signing for us.