The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Makes it more remarkable tbh. Only us and 3 other teams have been that useless in nearly 30 years. The sample size is actually huge when you consider how many teams managed to grind out a win in their first 14 games of the season. Did the others all finish bottom and were 2 of those Derby and Sunderland? 

It’s a bollocks stat coz we got 7 points. It doesn’t say how many teams won a game in the first 14 but got 7 or less points in that time. 

I don't have the data to hand, but I'd be curious to know how often a team from 17th down actually puts together a run of form in the back eight or nine games. I feel it's a tad overblown.

Burnley were 17th last season. They won 3 and lost 7 of their last 10. Fulham lost all but two of their games from mid-March onwards. What I mean in a roundabout way is, I could see perhaps one of those teams doing it, but the notion that several of those below us could do it and drag us in (while we also lose every game left) feels unlikely. 

29 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Fucking hell man we're not going down

yeah but we could.............let discuss for 7 more pages till the next fixture where a win would guarantee us safety..............until Norwich/Burney/Watford get a result and we go back to the start!

Watford concede a last minute goal to lose, Burnley sacking their manager hoping for a bounce and Norwich trying but failing to hold on. We might as well just enjoy the rest of the season. The chase for 9th?

I actually think we are safe now but 1 more point should definitely do it. Obvs I’d rather us get loads more and make it comfortable but I can’t see Burnley getting more than 33 points with the games they have left 

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, TBG said:

4 goals in two games for Norwich

Quite worrying that they're scoring for fun and we play them next.

We play Leicester next and to be fair 2 of those goals come against Man Utd…

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

We play Leicester next and to be fair 2 of those goals come against Man Utd…

Two goals against the Spanish number 1 and captain of England.

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

Didn't last season either

We’re on 34 points now, no one has gotten more than that and went down since we did last. 

This thread should just be closed. 

Edited by Decky