The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Despite the drubbing we just had, we end the weekend the same distance away from the bottom 4, but with everyone having one less game to play. So we're arguably better off than when we started.

Still think we'll finish above both of these. That means, like a typical blinkered optimistic fan, I can be upbeat about it however Wednesday goes. 

A draw and we're the same distance above the bottom 3, with both sides having lost a game in hand and having dropped 2 points they'd probably both be counting on.

An Everton loss, and they're still 6 behind us with only one game in hand and a rough looking run-in. Plus, it would be quite funny to see them go down, as they're surely the least equipped for the drop.

A Burnley loss and they're ten points behind us with only one game in hand. Their run in looks better than ours, but losing a 'winnable' game like this could well knock them out for the count. Wouldn't miss their style of football either.

So, I'm just looking forward to it really. Either one or both of them are dropping points whichever way you slice it.

I actually think Watford have more chance of getting out of it than Burnley do. Granted they've been utter dross at home, they still have Burnley, Everton, Leeds and Brentford to come to Vicarage Road and unlike Burnley, they have something about them going forward.

Chelsea we were robbed. Easily should have a point. Everton we passed it well 1st half, 2nd half created nowt but that game should have been 0-0 all day long. Spurs was shite. We now have Wolves, Leicester, Palace at home and Norwich away. I would be disappointed if we don't pick up at least 4 points from those games.

Edited by samptime29

Last few games show why it was important why we needed the ‘10 points from next 6 games’ that people were suggesting over the last few months. We’re capable of going 5-6 without a win so was important we were beating the likes of Brentford & Brighton when we had momentum, rather than thinking they’re good points if we only drew. 

We’ll win another 2 or 3 and be fine I reckon.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

It's an absolutely massive week in the relegation battle mind:

Burnley v Everton 

Watford v Leeds 

Norwich v Burnley

Surely we all want Everton Leeds and Norwich to win ? It’s simple really, can’t understand how anyone would want anything else 

So Everton remain in the shit alongside all the others. That set of results would be:

Everton - 25

Watford - 23

Burnley - 24

Norwich - 21

Which I prefer, would much rather there were four clubs below us in trouble, not three. Just a bonus one of them is Everton 

Edited by gbandit

13 minutes ago, gbandit said:

So Everton remain in the shit alongside all the others. That set of results would be:

Everton - 25

Watford - 23

Burnley - 24

Norwich - 21

Which I prefer, would much rather there were four clubs below us in trouble, not three. Just a bonus one of them is Everton 

As much as I'd love to see Everton drop it is much better for us to have three clubs cut adrift.

I think both outcomes; a Burnley win against Everton or an Everton win against Burnley should hopefully prove inconsequential. I am most scared of Watford getting out of the bottom three out of Norwich, Burnley and Watford.

19 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I think both outcomes; a Burnley win against Everton or an Everton win against Burnley should hopefully prove inconsequential. I am most scared of Watford getting out of the bottom three out of Norwich, Burnley and Watford.

They should do, but better for us to have Burnley gone as soon as possible and our last match be meaningless.

Burnley are still the ones in the bottom 3 I’m wary of most. The only teams in the top 7 they’ve got left are Spurs & West Ham. It’ll still take a lot to make the gap up but they’ve got the rest of the bottom 4 left to play, plus us, then a few mid-table teams. 

Just now, The Butcher said:

I want the current bottom three to lose as many games as possible, including Burnley at Everton. Would love for Everton to go down, but I don't want any squeeky bum time in the coming months.

Aye, not bothered now if Everton get away. If Burnley win their two 6-pointers they gain a bit of confidence like we did for the fixtures after that.