The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

14 hours ago, Danh1 said:

It’s mental that Burnley still have to play Villa twice and it’s over half way through March. :lol: 

i don’t think it is implausible that Burnley pick up quite a few points off a team who haven’t played and who are quite frankly coasting to nowhere

https://theathletic.com/3191537/2022/03/21/analysing-watfords-run-in-and-how-they-compare-to-fellow-strugglers/?source=emp_shared_article

It basically tells us what we already know. It's highly unlikely we're going down and Watford, along with Burnley have probably given themselves a bit too much to do.

Edit: according to the metrics they use, we already have enough points on the board.

Edited by The Prophet

On 21/03/2022 at 09:34, The Prophet said:

https://theathletic.com/3191537/2022/03/21/analysing-watfords-run-in-and-how-they-compare-to-fellow-strugglers/?source=emp_shared_article

It basically tells us what we already know. It's highly unlikely we're going down and Watford, along with Burnley have probably given themselves a bit too much to do.

Edit: according to the metrics they use, we already have enough points on the board.

Said it before if you have ANY doubt , stick £50 on at 40/1 to go down £2000 will ease the pain [emoji38]

I'm not even thinking about going down, I'm more pissed off we haven't got at least four points from our last couple of games which would have seen us having a great shot at top 10.

We've got 3 home games in a row and then Norwich away, who I suspect will have lost all heart by then. We will get at least 4 points from them games, especially with Wilson and Trippier returning.

Really looking forward to these upcoming games.  Leicester especially on Easter Sunday as we always seem to get absolutely rinsed off them every year at SJP.  A win would be lovely 

• 2 weeks later...

If Burnley beat Everton in midweek then it will be getting twitchy again. While I'd have loved to see Everton go down, needs must, they are 4 points clear of Burnley, so definitely hoping they either win or draw.

Not too worried at the moment, but I'd still take 17th, and just want the season over with to be honest and hopefully get some big additions in over the summer.

Thread title could probably be done with being changed again mind, especially with Liverpool and Man City among our remaining fixtures, and even CL chasing Arsenal.

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

Wolves are a very strong team and it is silly to expect to get much out of them.

It is going to be a painful month.

They’re a tidy outfit away from home. It's a bonus they're missing Neves and Jiminez.

Let's hope this lot realise it may only take a few games before we're dragged back in to the struggle. 

I considered mitigating factors of the first loss after our unbeaten run was Chelsea, and the Everton game was a shambles from start to finish from all parties. But today, after a good break, hurts even if I wasn't particularly expecting anything. 

At least there's a bit of reality setting back in now. It was a hell of a run, but a lot of the fixtures were bread and butter matches, and I think all bar Southampton (and that was pretty close) were bottom half sides. Game changed massively in our favour vs Brentford early on, Brighton haven't won for years. It would almost have been unjust if we had finished in the top half, and would probably have papered over a few cracks, but hopefully it's abundantly clear to the owners that significant investment is needed for the XI, and yeah, it will be great just to get the season over and done with.

There's a lot of players who have done well over the past couple of months who do still deserve their place in the squad next season, but maybe not so much in the first team.

I think its clear to all, we are a mid lower to bottom 4 team at the moment - the 9 unbeaten run papered over the cracks somewhat.  As many have said, we need to rebuild but please do not renew current players on the 9 game unbeaten.

Howe needs to decide what his midfield is going to be.   I thought he might have brought on Gayle for 30 mins as the game was as good as lost.   Wood - sorry mate but unless we play to his strengths then he is not worth a place in the team.