The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)

midds

The Relegationometer™ (2023/24)  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to get relegated this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

I don’t think it is done and dusted just yet. But I’m also not overly concerned. Despite last night’s result and our recent form.

Burnley have barely won all season and just scraped past an awful Everton side at home. Everton look shot to bits and have an awful run of games.

Watford still have to pick up a lot of points to get out of it and are Leeds guaranteed to keep up their recent results and stay out of it?

It’s basically two really bad halves of football in the last what, 12 games? That have cost us. I know we didn’t get the points, so it is kind of irrelevant. But if we held on for a few more minutes against Chelsea and Everton. We wouldn’t be in such a flap and both would be viewed as good and acceptable results. 

That looks ridiculous reading that last bit back :lol: I suppose what I’m getting at, is how fine the margins are at times. I don’t think we have suddenly become really shit and we’re back to Bruceball. 

Get hammered tomorrow and then fail to get any points in the 3 games after that. Then I would be worried. As we do have a shit run in to end the season. 

I can’t see us not getting 4-5 points from the remaining 8 games. 

26 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

I hope your right, but I really don’t see where our next point is coming from 

Jesus Christ. We haven’t lost at home in the league for nearly four months.

9 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Burnley are not going to get 13 or 14 points in their remaining games. 

I don’t follow your logic, my apologies if I’m missing something but Burnley are only 7 points behind us with a better goal difference, a game in hand and have us left to play. That means they only need to get 4 points better than us then beat us last game.

That’s not an impossible task as they also play other teams around them.

4 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Everyone seems to be forgetting even if we are dreadful through the run in, Everton will be worse.

Aye, they get two penalties and still can’t see a game out. They’re horrific going forwards and at the back 

6 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Everyone seems to be forgetting even if we are dreadful through the run in, Everton will be worse.

I can still see them “beating” Man U as they desperately want us to go down then they have Watford left to play I think.

We need another 4 points in my opinion so hopefully our home form will see us through.  I honestly don’t think we’ll get any of them against wolves though.

59 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

I hope your right, but I really don’t see where our next point is coming from 

We've 3 home games coming up against mid table sides and also have Norwich and Burnley to play. We’re also 7 points infront of 18th. People really need to relax like. 

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Man U players have checked out, they have no reason to impress the current manager and a fair few of them could be leaving in the summer, I could easily see Everton and Burnley winning this weekend and Wolves sneaking a 0-1 against us.

Man Utd, who's 3 points off CL spot, have checked out? Really? :lol:

52 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I can still see them “beating” Man U as they desperately want us to go down

I think they want CL football more than seeing us going sound. They are 3 points off 4th. Some people are mental :lol:

2 hours ago, Ben said:

they have no reason to impress the current manage

They have plenty reasons to impress the guy that is about to be appointed. Also they are very much in the fight for too 4. What are you on about? :lol:

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

I don’t follow your logic, my apologies if I’m missing something but Burnley are only 7 points behind us with a better goal difference, a game in hand and have us left to play. That means they only need to get 4 points better than us then beat us last game.

That scenario also requires two of Everton, Watford and Leeds to keep pace as well.

Edited by The Prophet

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

That scenario also requires two of Everton, Watford and Leeds to keep pace as well.

And Brentford, as based on their whacky scenario we have a game in hand over them and are only two points behind - so entirely feasible they’ll be below us.

It’s funny because how many people had Palace to beat Arsenal, or Brentford to beat Chelsea at the weekend on their accas? It’s the time of season where funny results occur - those four games people are just writing off are not foregone conclusions.

The short answer is we’ve been comfortably better than at least the four teams at the bottom of the league over the last 5, 10, 15, and 25 games. It’d take a totally unique run of results not just by us, but the four teams below us also, to see any risk of relegation.

It’s never going to happen.

I was glad Burnley won last night and want them to beat Norwich on Sunday, I am absolutely desperate for Grand old team to be relegated. We need max 4 points to stay up and if we cant get that from Wolves, Palace, Leicester at home and Norwich away then we deserve to go down.

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

The logic is that they have only won 4 games all season and are averaging under a point a game. They were very lucky yesterday as Everton should have put that game to bed. Burnley are a poor team and won't get 13 - 14 points to mean we will require 6 or 7 points as suggested in the original post.

30 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

I was glad Burnley won last night and want them to beat Norwich on Sunday, I am absolutely desperate for Grand old team to be relegated. We need max 4 points to stay up and if we cant get that from Wolves, Palace, Leicester at home and Norwich away then we deserve to go down.

Those home games are all against top half teams. We haven't beaten a top half team all season.