FA Cup 3rd Round Draw: Cambridge United (H)

nufcjb

Don't see many ties jumping out as ones that are certainly to be on TV. Probably any of these;

Chelsea v Chesterfield

Liverpool v Shrewsbury

Kidderminster v Reading (?)

Hull v Everton

Spurs v Morecambe

Millwall v Palace

Swindon v Man City

Man Utd v Aston Villa

Newcastle v Cambridge

Nottm Forest v Arsenal

Been a mostly naff draw imo.

1 hour ago, Big Geordie said:

Nope - 2-0 win at their place, back in 92/93. :)

I wouldn't mind going - taking either my daughter or nephew or both. Can see there being 40k+

Never lost to them in the dark days - 1-1, 0-2, 4-1, 0-3

Keegan said the 0-2 was his best since taking over

very unlike Newcatle considering they were on the brink of promotion to the Premier League and we were fighting relegation, allied with their barbaric football and our pretty, softer stuff - had a stuffing all over it.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Man Utd vs Aston Villa will inevitably be on so it's that and three (?) others. Swindon-ManC you'd expect to be televised as well seeing as it's at the lower league team's ground. 

Chelsea at home to Chesterfield is the most typical draw ever, like. 

Since Abramovich came, home ties in R3:

Scunthorpe twice, Huddersfield, Macclesfield, QPR, Southend, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Watford twice, Peterborough, Forest twice, Morecambe, Chesterfield. 

And aways:

Watford, Southampton, Derby, Norwich 

49 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Man Utd vs Aston Villa will inevitably be on so it's that and three (?) others. Swindon-ManC you'd expect to be televised as well seeing as it's at the lower league team's ground. 

Scunthorpe twice, Huddersfield, Macclesfield, QPR, Southend, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Watford twice, Peterborough, Forest twice, Morecambe, Chesterfield. 

And aways:

Those Chelsea home draws are mental [emoji38]

3 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

Nope - 2-0 win at their place, back in 92/93. :)

I wouldn't mind going - taking either my daughter or nephew or both. Can see there being 40k+

Should be full I'd have thought. We had 52k+ v Oxford just before COVID and that was for a Mike Ashley owned NUFC, managed by Steve Bruce.

10 hours ago, Yorkie said:

And aways:

Forest v Arsenal likely to be televised too, imo.

11 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Don't see many ties jumping out as ones that are certainly to be on TV. Probably any of these;

Chelsea v Chesterfield

Liverpool v Shrewsbury

Kidderminster v Reading (?)

Hull v Everton

Spurs v Morecambe

Millwall v Palace

Swindon v Man City

Man Utd v Aston Villa

Newcastle v Cambridge

Nottm Forest v Arsenal

Been a mostly naff draw imo.

The issue is that for the big 6, this cup isn't seen as being 'important' to them, so most probably put out their 2nd or 3rd 11's - so there is the potential for an upset or two.

I could easily see Man City even putting out their 4th 11 - as all of these 'fringe' player need proper experience.

Cambridge fan here. What a draw for us. Our goal this season is to stay in league one as we quite unexpectedly got promoted last season and we are a pretty small club in league one. Fully expect us to get battered but will be a great weekend nether the less and hopefully a few pounds in the bank to keep us going.

Haven't been up to Newcastle for a few years and can't wait - going to make a great weekend of it.

5 minutes ago, delboy23 said:

Cambridge fan here. What a draw for us. Our goal this season is to stay in league one as we quite unexpectedly got promoted last season and we are a pretty small club in league one. Fully expect us to get battered but will be a great weekend nether the less and hopefully a few pounds in the bank to keep us going.

Haven't been up to Newcastle for a few years and can't wait - going to make a great weekend of it.

Good for you. :thup: How many fans do you reckon would come up? 

16 minutes ago, delboy23 said:

Hope you have a good trip :thup: Hopefully see a large number of you coming up.

I wouldn’t worry too much about expecting to get battered :lol: 

22 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Good for you. :thup: How many fans do you reckon would come up? 

I would hope at least 3,000. Sadly the FA Cup seems to have lost its appeal. Back when I was a kid the FA Cup was magical and meant everything. Now, even teams at league one and two 'rest' players in the early rounds

40 minutes ago, delboy23 said:

Welcome, please can I just check if you have come in peace? Feel free to stick around.

Enjoy your trip up here, hope you have a good one.

46 minutes ago, delboy23 said:

In peace presumably?