Newcastle United 0 - 4 Manchester City (19/12/2021)

Yorkie

Just now, sempuki said:

Manure should be easier than this but I don't hold out much hope. Too many shite players.

The worst part about that and Everton is that's there's a chance.

This was a write off, always has been since our respective takeovers 15years ago.

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

Howe basically threw this game selecting this defence. Absolutely ridiculous.

17 goals conceded in his 7 games now. We've got no hope.

Again it was the most concerning thing about his appointment for me, his Bournemouth side had a a terrible record and we have worse defenders than them.

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

I can't help but think that Jesse Lingard would have cracked a few goals in the past few games like. We charge forward on the counter but have no cutting comong from midfield and Wilson up too by himself 8s looking lost.

Not 4 on this game, 4 against Leicester or 3 against Liverpool.

It's the defence that's seriously wrong

1 minute ago, Smal said:

Howe basically threw this game selecting this defence. Absolutely ridiculous.

17 goals conceded in his 7 games now. We've got no hope.

There's no defence we have available that would have made a difference back there.

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Much weaker league though, teams around us strengthened , we had willock going wild.

Surely this happens every year though. These teams will lose players too and players decline with age etc. Still think on paper we certainly weren’t better than teams like Brighton and Palace. 

You would think most of these players would give it their absolute all given the current changes happening at the club. Instead we are seeing absolute tepid performances all across the board. To these players I say: Get the fuck out. 

These games under Eddie so far have been just as infuriating as the last ones under Bruce. Not Howe's fault that these lot can't be arsed to put in a performance.

I know the December fixtures were ominous but we’ve really shipped a lot of goals without being all that competitive in the fixtures. 

I weirdly feel like we’ve improved. I don’t think it will be enough though. 

1 minute ago, St. Maximin said:

Surely this happens every year though. These teams will lose players too and players decline with age etc. Still think on paper we certainly weren’t better than teams like Brighton and Palace. 

Willock turning into a 2nd season Kenedy hasn't helped. Looks lost.