Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

9 minutes ago, Erikse said:

GettyImages-109455091.thumb.jpg.2dea24dc9437b63f9fb3f4aa7d05b051.jpg

Just a friendly reminder that this guy is available for free

I met him when he played for Newcastle - an absolutely top guy and he was honoured at playing for us

6 hours ago, tgarve said:

I met him when he played for Newcastle - an absolutely top guy and he was honoured at playing for us

Saw him a year or so after he left, next to the Shearer statue. Was one of the Pardew Europa games and his brother was playing for the oppo. 

1 hour ago, Ash2579 said:

This is the window to go as big as possible. Unlikely we will get CL next year due to battling on multiple fronts:

A great summer would be…

Ball playing Right sided CH - Niklas Sule

LB - Looks like Tierney

Defensive Midfielder - Laimer 

Maddison

Diaby

5th gets you CL next season. Still a tall order but does increase the chances.

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Whats that for?

Additional two teams in the revamped version of the ‘group stage’. One each to the countries with the best coefficients, of which we’re very likely to be one.

Not sure whether you’d have to go through the qualifiers if you finish 5th, but will definitely get you in a some entry point.

18 minutes ago, SteV said:

Additional two teams in the revamped version of the ‘group stage’. One each to the countries with the best coefficients, of which we’re very likely to be one.

Not sure whether you’d have to go through the qualifiers if you finish 5th, but will definitely get you in a some entry point.

That's a good point, I haven't been able to find out where in the process that potential 5th PL place would enter the competition. Anyone know?

So Maddison, Mctominay  Tierney and probably a young foreign Center Half would be a good window for me, I would also like that Ferguson from Brighton.

11 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Ferguson is going to go for stupid money, I don’t think they have any intention of selling him yet. 

Now would be the time to get him imo. He will triple his value in the next couple of years.

5 hours ago, Izakaya said:

Reckon we'll almost certainly be back in for Pulisic. Especially with the upcoming US tour too. 

Not sure we’d buy someone for the sake of three friendly matches…

Although I do agree his attributes would certainly suit our style of play.

22 hours ago, SteV said:

5th gets you CL next season. Still a tall order but does increase the chances.

It’s not confirmed. It goes on how our teams do in Europe next season.

Ideally we want West Ham to win their final and to get out of the group stages.

23 hours ago, SteV said:

So a quarter of the league will qualify for the CL - at which point do we just rebrand it as it’s no longer the champions league.  Let’s just call it something around a league that has the super teams in it, can’t think of a name just yet though.

The issue with the super league wasn't about the elite teams playing in it but about it being a closed shop. The idea or reward/jeopardy is fundamental to our game.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

It’s not confirmed. It goes on how our teams do in Europe next season.

Ideally we want West Ham to win their final and to get out of the group stages.

It’s calculated over the last 5 years worth of European results. Ourselves and Italy have a fairly healthy lead over Spain and Germany, so for that to change there’s going to have to be a pretty ropey European season had by the majority of English teams next season, coupled with a very good one for Spanish or German teams.

13 minutes ago, SteV said:

It’s calculated over the last 5 years worth of European results. Ourselves and Italy have a fairly healthy lead over Spain and Germany, so for that to change there’s going to have to be a pretty ropey European season had by the majority of English teams next season, coupled with a very good one for Spanish or German teams.

That’s why I’m so excited by this top 4 finish this year. We get to step up our commercial development which hopefully leads to a better quality of player being brought in. And then there’s a better chance we can make it two years in a row given the extra place