Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

5 minutes ago, madras said:

Quite probably but then it doesn't matter what he is currently on.

I’d say that it does. He won’t be signing anywhere for £50kpw, will he- he might as well stay for the remaining two years of his contract otherwise. He’d obviously want as close to what he gets now, and PSG and Chelsea, to name two clubs that have been linked, would easily come close to matching his £350kpw.

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I’d say that it does. He won’t be signing anywhere for £50kpw, will he- he might as well stay for the remaining two years of his contract otherwise. He’d obviously want as close to what he gets now, and PSG and Chelsea, to name two clubs that have been linked, would easily come close to matching his £350kpw.

I think when a club wants rid the current salary is a lot less of a bargaining point.

Just now, madras said:

I think when a club wants rid the current salary is a lot less of a bargaining point.

The club might want rid, but if he wants to move for the money rather than playing time, he’ll just sit tight for two years, or else go to where he can get close to what he’s on now. 

38 minutes ago, madras said:

Quite probably but then it doesn't matter what he is currently on.

Didn’t he have a poor season for Bayern? He’s also 31 and relies on his pace a lot. I’d say he’s on the decline as a player. 

I've just come from one thread espousing Xhaka and in here it's Mane.

These guys have had their best years already and the only way is down for them.

There are younger players with talent to go out and sign. 

Imagine we went out this summer and signed say Aubameyang instead of Isak? Like Chelsea did!

Got to move on from these old heads. There is no excitement or upside to them.

Then when the likes of Brighton turn up with their young stars and run rings around them it will just be a horrid look.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I've just come from one thread espousing Xhaka and in here it's Mane.

These guys have had their best years already and the only way is down for them.

There are younger players with talent to go out and sign. 

Imagine we went out this summer and signed say Aubameyang instead of Isak? Like Chelsea did!

Got to move on from these old heads. There is no excitement or upside to them.

Then when the likes of Brighton turn up with their young stars and run rings around them it will just be a horrid look.

Brighton are signing Milner tbf 

Just now, Andy84 said:

Brighton are signing Milner tbf 

He's on a free, and it looks like more of a mentorship and perhaps future coaching role.

Signing Mane for significant money and wages would be so bad.

The main club that has been linked with him has been Chelsea, which probably tells you all you need to know.

Hugo Larsson.

Malmo CM. 

18yrs I think, 6’2. Runs all day, decent pace and strength. Great passing. Gets stuck in. 

Would think he has a high ceiling. Kind of looks like a Rodri lite atm but he is still very young. 

7 hours ago, Lotus said:

Hugo Larsson.

Malmo CM. 

18yrs I think, 6’2. Runs all day, decent pace and strength. Great passing. Gets stuck in. 

Would think he has a high ceiling. Kind of looks like a Rodri lite atm but he is still very young. 

Dortmund bound by the look of, Bellingham replacement?

19 minutes ago, Sima said:

Agree, what’s went wrong there?

Bad attitude when he doesn’t play, and affects the rest of the team. Had it at every club (Bayern are his 6th in 8.5 years). He’s also described himself as a loner and doesn’t integrate well with others.

Very talented, but perhaps one to avoid. Wages would be an issue also.

Yep absolute no go for our team even if wages weren't a problem. He's got all the talent, maybe needs a coach to put an arm round his shoulders (Eddie maybe could but no need for the gamble), or go to a 'smaller' team where he is the standout star and doesn't have to worry about rotation that occurs at the clubs he's floating between

(He will definitely end up at PSG btw, where he will cause a fuss)

I actually have some sympathy for him, clearly he doesn't suit the super club model and should be star somewhere more modest but no doubt his agent is carting him between the clubs that pay agents the best, albeit no doubt Cancelo will get well renumerated for this all

Edited by Tiresias

2 minutes ago, Norseman said:

I like him a lot but would expect he'd cost a fortune. He's HG at Villa as well

Yeah, can’t see them selling- they’ve no need unless for stupid money. 

On 17/05/2023 at 13:12, duo said:

I prefer Tierney for half the price and LB is his natural position plus he can cover at CB in an emergency.

The player I really want as someone who watches La Liga a lot is Samuel Chukwueze. He's got as much raw talent as Isak and would probably come cheaper. I'd be gutted if we dont have him in black and white next season. We have been linked. He absolutely torched Real Madrid at the bernebeu. Tons of pace, incredible feet, real eye for goal. Hes like a more direct version of ASM but he tracks back and gets stuck in. If you havent had the chance to see him play this year...the videos online dont do him justice. He's electric. Contract is up in 2024 his minimum release clause is something silly like 70m but everton were linked with a loan and option to buy for 40m. I dont care who we get at LB, CM, CB, or ST. This kid is Mane level talented.

49 minutes ago, Sufi said:

I prefer Tierney for half the price and LB is his natural position plus he can cover at CB in an emergency.

The player I really want as someone who watches La Liga a lot is Samuel Chukwueze. He's got as much raw talent as Isak and would probably come cheaper. I'd be gutted if we dont have him in black and white next season. We have been linked. He absolutely torched Real Madrid at the bernebeu. Tons of pace, incredible feet, real eye for goal. Hes like a more direct version of ASM but he tracks back and gets stuck in. If you havent had the chance to see him play this year...the videos online dont do him justice. He's electric. Contract is up in 2024 his minimum release clause is something silly like 70m but everton were linked with a loan and option to buy for 40m. I dont care who we get at LB, CM, CB, or ST. This kid is Mane level talented.

His goals were great in that game. The one that he killed Nacho was class.

I know it’s pie in the sky but Gibbs-White looks a player. Think I’d rather be after him than Maddison in the long term. 

( Edit)Sorry - just noted the word ‘realistic’ in the topic title. 

Edited by PhilT