Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

On 19/05/2023 at 17:36, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Max Aarons to be sold by Norwich this summer. 12 months left on contract. Not really seen much of him for a while, but was very highly-rated. Perhaps an option if Manquillo and Krafth are sold.

Max Aarons name is linked to be big clubs all the time but I've never been convinced he's that good. He's been a part of Norwich's leaky defence for years

4 minutes ago, Mikky said:

I think he is Barca bound

Damn, did a quick google search seems like they’re reported as interested (some claim wages agreed) but no bid (yet). Maybe we should make an offer and see, the ability to achieve your dreams without relocating your family from somewhere they’ve been six years may appeal. Newcastle to Wolverhampton is  bit less than 4 hours by car.

Not invested enough to google if he has kids or not but said that on the assumption he had kids who were settled at school with friends etc and a Mrs with a social circle of friends.

9 minutes ago, SAK said:

Not invested enough to google if he has kids or not but said that on the assumption he had kids who were settled at school with friends etc and a Mrs with a social circle of friends.

They’ve got very young kids that were born in Portugal whilst he was back in Wolverhampton. I’d figure he’d prefer for them to be back in Spain and closer to his extended family. 

I would raid Southampton for both Ward prowse and Lavia, they can cover what we need in the middle.

World class right winger and maddison for up front and Tierney in at left back.

200 million spend

4 minutes ago, buzza said:

I would raid Southampton for both Ward prowse and Lavia, they can cover what we need in the middle.

200 million spend

We should definitely be aiming higher than JWP.

1 hour ago, buzza said:

200 million spend

Yikes. If we spent 200 this summer and this is what we ended up with, man. ?

Edited by cubaricho

2 hours ago, buzza said:

200 million spend

Ward Prowse? :scared:

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Here we go again with the Ward-Prowse hate :lol: . Didn’t have the best game against us but he’s a quality player.

I don’t see where he fits us, doesn’t really have the athleticism of our 8 and lacks defensive awareness for the 6. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up here though. 

10 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Never go back is probably wise in general, but I'd love Merino back here like, I loved him

Yeah, would be amazing under Howe I think.

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I don’t see where he fits us, doesn’t really have the athleticism of our 8 and lacks defensive awareness for the 6. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up here though. 

I’d agree he’s no athletic monster like Willock or Joelinton but I doubt he’s any less athletic than Bruno is (in fact he’s statistically the fittest player in the premier league). He can definitely play our system and would give us that little bit of extra vision/ ability on the ball in midfield. Not to mention his set-pieces and leadership.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

I’d agree he’s no athletic monster like Willock or Joelinton but I doubt he’s any less athletic than Bruno is (in fact he’s statistically the fittest player in the premier league). He can definitely play our system and would give us that little bit of extra vision/ ability on the ball in midfield. Not to mention his set-pieces and leadership.

The Bruno comparison is interesting for sure, but given Bruno has been playing as a 6 the comparison is lacking somewhat. If we push Bruno to an 8 I fancy he would get quite a few more open player goal contributions than JWP would too. 

JWP would be a great squad option but he’s on a forgone on Soton and I’m certain would want to be more than a rotation player. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

The Bruno comparison is interesting for sure, but given Bruno has been playing as a 6 the comparison is lacking somewhat. If we push Bruno to an 8 I fancy he would get quite a few more open player goal contributions than JWP would too. 

JWP would be a great squad option but he’s on a forgone on Soton and I’m certain would want to be more than a rotation player. 

He’s literally been the number 1 player for distance covered in the PL for something like 3 years running now. Ridiculous engine and that’s without mentioning his elite passing ability. He’s the rich man’s Longstaff we need for balance in that midfield 3.