Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

Or alternatively he could look at Harry Kane at 30 and think shit... I don't want to be like that (obviously they could win the league this season).

Arsenal are having a fantastic season but I think we should give it a year or two before crowning them as 'back;. Liverpool & Chelsea having poor seasons has opened the door a bit, let's see if they sustain it next season.

They'll still be vulnerable to the like of Man City for a while yet, you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Saka seems a canny kid - very humble - so who knows what he would do, but it's a short career and if Arsenal revert to Champions League challengers he might have other thoughts in a few years.

But aye, he will never play for us. That I do agree with.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

You're changing the narrative.

This whole thing started with someone claiming we might be able to poach him when we start 'flexing our financial muscle'. Then talk of Man City poaching him in a similar manner came up.

We're not talking about him moving on towards the later stages like when Henry joined Barca for example. We're talking about him leaving when he is still in his better years, and him being convinced to leave in those years by throwing money at him.

In my opinion I just don't see that happening with him. He's already going to be incredibly well off financially and that number will continue to go up at Arsenal, because he is the face of that team and they will continue to pay him top money, because he is a huge asset both on and off the field.

He is not some foreign player with no real ties to the club that will just go where the money leads. I can't see him going to another Premier League club ever. At most when he starts hitting around 29 he might go to a Barca or Real Madrid for the experience. Even then, I'm not even sure he even does that.

Who’s changing the narrative…

😂😂

5 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I don't have any dislike for Arsenal (or Arteta) whatsoever. However, that sentence is incredibly naïve, especially to justify your opinion that he will never leave Arsenal for another Premier League club.

I don't think it's naive at all. 

If we asked every Newcastle native on this forum if they broke through at Newcastle at a young age like Saka has for Arsenal, and they were part of a young team taking Newcastle to the top, and were being paid very handsomely at the same time, if they could see themselves leaving for another Premier League club, I bet a lot wouldn't.

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

Who’s changing the narrative…

😂😂

You said 'Mental to suggest any youngster is a lock in at any club for the rest of his career.'

I never said that, so no idea where that has come from. My very first post on this whole thing mentions Barca and Madrid, event though I still don't really see that happening, but if he does move it will be that sort of transfer later on just like Henry did.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You said 'Mental to suggest any youngster is a lock in at any club for the rest of his career.'

I never said that, so no idea where that has come from. My very first post on this whole thing mentions Barca and Madrid, event though I still don't really see that happening, but if he does move it will be that sort of transfer later on just like Henry did.

Alright I’ll rephrase:

It’s mental to suggest any youngster will only ever play for one PL club.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Alright I’ll rephrase:

It’s mental to suggest any youngster will only ever play for one PL club.

Okay, fair enough. I guess we'll have to disagree on that.

I think playing for the club you actually support, that happens to be a top club, and one that you are leading back to prominence as the main man is the absolute dream. Hard to give that up IMO.

The bizarre thing here is that most of us probably agree with overall point that it’s very unlikely Saka will leave Arsenal in the foreseeable future, and even more unlikely he’ll end up with us.

But it’s clearly not an impossibility that it will happen at some point. And I don’t really know why anyone would want to insist that it is.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Okay, fair enough. I guess we'll have to disagree on that.

I think playing for the club you actually support, that happens to be a top club, and one that you are leading back to prominence as the main man is the absolute dream. Hard to give that up IMO.

Hard, of course. Impossible, no.

Yeah, sure nothing is technically 'impossible', but I'm sure you understood the sentiment.

He's not going to leave purely because some other team flexes some financial muscle which was the crux of this whole discussion. In my opinion something disastrous would have had to have gone down at Arsenal for that to happen.

58 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, sure nothing is technically 'impossible', but I'm sure you understood the sentiment.

He's not going to leave purely because some other team flexes some financial muscle which was the crux of this whole discussion. In my opinion something disastrous would have had to have gone down at Arsenal for that to happen.

Right. But you see how that's different to "Saka will never leave Arsenal for any other Premier League club"? And how someone disagreeing with that statement wouldn't necessarily be the result of some anti-Arsenal/Arteta bias? 

We've had less than one season of this current Arsenal so let's not get carried away that Saka is about to lead some dynasty. They're having an excellent season with some excellent young players & a manager who is getting a tune out of them but things can change very quickly in football whether you're Arsenal, Newcastle or whoever else. I can see plenty of circumstances in the future where Saka (Arsenal fan or not) thinks his career is best served elsewhere, other than just the lure of a bigger pay packet.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

He's not going to leave Arsenal any time soon, your sentiment is right on that, but he's barely past his teenage years at the moment. We've seen in the past very few players stay at one club in the Premier throughout their career. If at some point in his career he gets an offer from one of the big spending clubs to increase his salary by 50% who's to say he won't take it?

A career is a not such a long time in football.

If we didn't have Isak already, Kolo Muani looks like the real deal at Frankfurt and France. Think he's PSG bound though

Jordan Zemura at Bournemouth who we've been linked with has been dropped from their squad as he's refusing to sign a new deal and is out of contract in the summer

40 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Jordan Zemura at Bournemouth who we've been linked with has been dropped from their squad as he's refusing to sign a new deal and is out of contract in the summer

If we just double his £300 a week wage, he will rip our hand off.

2 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

If we just double his £300 a week wage, he will rip our hand off.

:lol: jeez is that all he's on? Most people on here will be on more than that. 

On 29/03/2023 at 09:03, Chicken Dancer said:

Or alternatively he could look at Harry Kane at 30 and think shit... I don't want to be like that (obviously they could win the league this season).

Arsenal are having a fantastic season but I think we should give it a year or two before crowning them as 'back;. Liverpool & Chelsea having poor seasons has opened the door a bit, let's see if they sustain it next season.

They'll still be vulnerable to the like of Man City for a while yet, you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Saka seems a canny kid - very humble - so who knows what he would do, but it's a short career and if Arsenal revert to Champions League challengers he might have other thoughts in a few years.

But aye, he will never play for us. That I do agree with.

Irrespective of others falling off. Arsenal are likely to get 88+ points this season. If they can sustain that they'll challenge for some time. Youngest team in the league. Don't need to sell.