Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

Yeah I can’t see him moving either really. I remember reading somewhere he wasn’t that keen on going to Spain so the Bayern link is interesting. 

It’s going to be an interesting summer I feel. Rice, Maddison, maybe Kane looking to move. Chelsea addicted to buying players. Us needing more quality. Lots of variables. 

Mason Mount's absolutely class if you can get him playing effectively in the right system man. Very tactically astute player. 

I've posted this a few times, but it's absolutely worth repeating. Under tuchel he was scoring or assisting in 2 out of every 3 games in the league (11 goals, 10 assists in 32 games), that's nothing to shake a stick at. 

His England form does his reputation no favours because he's undoubtedly not the same player for England that he is for Chelsea, nowhere near.

Worth bearing in mind as well, even this season where Chelsea have been poor overall and a lot of Chelsea fans apparently hate him - 3 goals and 6 assists in 29 appearances. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 hour ago, LV said:

Stay put at Spurs or move on? Anyone think he’d come here if we got CL? 

I think that last part makes this entire thread a little tricky at the moment. Sure we have a lot of money but, given the sense we have shown so far in terms of spending/recruitment, what can be classed as 'realistic' will alter drastically based on whether we get CL or not. Both in terms of how much we feel we can spend, and whether the players will want to come. 

We get CL and suddenly there aren't too many players who can be ruled as unrealistic. No CL and there's no way a player like Kane (already into his 30's by next season) is going to come on board at what's probably seen as still a pretty early stage. 

That being said, we get CL and my dream move is actually for Ilkay Gundogan. Elite level, can play a number of different CM roles, Would instantly (and drastically) improve us, and at that age where I imagine City will be looking move him on soon. 

Edited by sushimonster85

I watched a Tifo video on why he is so good, so since I'm clearly now Professor Football I think he'd be a fantastic edition under Eddie due to his ability and willingness to adapt to Howe's instructions. 

4 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

That being said, we get CL and my dream move is actually for Ilkay Gundogan. Elite level, can play a number of different CM roles, Would instantly (and drastically) improve us, and at that age where I imagine City will be looking move him on soon. 

Out of contract in the summer, isn’t he? Still can’t see it though- he’ll be 33 later this year. 

I’d like to see the following:

Centre back: Scalvini.

left back: Grimaldo, A Robinson.

Centre mid: Lavia, Tielemans, Neves.

Central attacking midfield: Maddison.

wide right/ forward position: Roque, Pedro.

Edited by Rafalove

• 3 weeks later...

Rice or Philips (after his great year at city) would elevate us another level.

Maddison also, would unlock those close games where we just can’t seem to get through robust defending.

With an up and coming striker and a couple of astute cheaper signings we would be ready to rock it with anyone!!!

1 hour ago, buzza said:

Rice or Philips (after his great year at city) would elevate us another level.

Maddison also, would unlock those close games where we just can’t seem to get through robust defending.

With an up and coming striker and a couple of astute cheaper signings we would be ready to rock it with anyone!!!

I mean if we do sign 5 or 6 in the summer it puts us in such a great position. 

I think season 24/25 will see us make a significant impact on the establishment - it may be the season where we sign a couple of top end talents 

Going back to the summer - LB has to be sorted as a priority - then the 2 mids we are short of - It’s what we do in the forward areas that I struggle with - do we sign Maddison as a mid, then sign a 6? Leaving us to sign Thuram and Diaby for example? We need goals in this team - more option the better - I think our forwards will be Diaby and Maddison fwiw 

1 hour ago, Mikky said:

I think our forwards will be Diaby and Maddison fwiw 

Yep, makes sense that we go back in for previous targets just like we've done before. Neither of their clubs are doing well this season.

Those two in the summer plus anything else and I'd be buzzing!

Edited by BonesJones