Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

3 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Watch some of his compilations on YT, if you can be bothered [emoji38], and there are rarely any great passes in there that you'd expect from a player in the mix for best in his position imo. Agree that he can progress the ball very well when dribbling into space though. Most of my experience of watching him is for England where it feels like he's not been great when we've had a lot of the ball but it feels like he comes alive when games get stretched & he mops up, but this could be tactical.

That could be due to England’s ultra rigid shape and defensive set up, mind :lol: 

Always impressed me for West Ham and usually does for England. But I think it is hard to shine for certain players in that system. 

All moot points, I reckon. Can’t see us being in for him and the quoted figures. 

In the summer I’d like to see realistically the LB Robinson from Fulham, Kone, Maddison and a young striker from somewhere. Think we’re still a CB short to succeed Fabian long term, but think we might wait to the next window to address that. If St Max is sold to raise funds I’d like to see Diaby replace him. 

Massive praise for Rice from Wilson on the Footballer's Football Podcast, like. He said pretty much what a lot of us had said on here about him running the game and being one of the best around for being able to break up play and move the ball forward for his team. Seems like one of those where our lads have been talking about how good he is/was in the changing room after the game.

Antonio was also trying to give some props to Paqueta as well, but Cal wasn't having any of it. :lol:

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

If you think Wilson's praise was high, wait til you hear Trippier's on the Rio Ferdinand podcast :lol: I rate Rice like, but not that much. 

Reveal hidden contents

He said he'd have Rice over Casemiro and Partey

Wouldn't necessarily disagree taking everything into account. Casemiro's age/wages and Partey's, ahem, alleged extracurricular activities.

I suppose it depends what he means. If it's who you'd sign, who's suitable, who has the potential etc it makes sense, if it's purely on the players they are now and have been then it's a bit wild like. Casemiro especially. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

On 08/02/2023 at 14:31, Optimistic Nut said:

Let's get him.

We could have Gallagher for <= half of that. Different players but either would fit, and improve, our fluid midfield. Especially as I’ve convinced myself (on the basis of nowt much at all) we’re having Maddison in the summer 

Bruno, Joelinton, Gallagher/Rice and Maddison = challenging for the title. 

The world is our oyster with regards to transfers.

We can afford most players.

We can attract most players.

We can pay most players.

Our scouting seems to be elite.

Its not a case of pick and choose but its not a millions miles off. The only thing we won't do is get into a bidding war with Chelsea etc. If they go for the same target as us, then we will pivot and go elsewhere.

I'd be putting Neves and Maddison top of the list. Just getting one would transform us, two would be insane. Keep our moves quiet, if Man United come in for Maddison, then switch to Neves and vice versa. They are different players but with Bruno being so versatile, either would great.

This summer will be great.

31 minutes ago, LV said:

Where do folk think Harry Kane will go next season?

Stay put at Spurs or move on? Anyone think he’d come here if we got CL? 

I think this is Kane's last window to move and win something, but I can see him staying. If he did move I think it would need to be to a team where he's almost a dead cert to win a title - Man City, Real Madrid, or Bayern Munich basically. 

Edited by Kid Icarus