Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

On 08/12/2022 at 09:01, arnonel said:

Some Argentine players I would like to target:

• Alan Varela - Boca
    • Would fit perfectly into our system in a DM role
  • Ezequiel Fernández - Boca (on loan at Tigre)
    • Mouth watering prospect of having him and Varela at Boca this year.
  • Gianluca Prestianni - Velez
    • Same club as Perrone.
    • This kid is the business. Proper Wonderkid. Just maybe too young
  • Exequiel Zeballos - Boca
    • Recovering from horrific tackle/injury
    • This guy is Messi V2. His dribbling is off the charts. 
    • Going to be breakout year for him. Love him !

Prestianni debut goal:

https://twitter.com/FootballReprt/status/1638358646584123392

On 19/03/2023 at 16:11, Barnes23 said:

Don't know if it is necessarily realistic for the coming summer, but Evan Ferguson is the real deal as far as striker prospects go. 

Was just about to post the same thing. He looks like a monster. Big lad with great feet. Offer stupid money and get him in. 

19 minutes ago, James said:

We will sign Saka when he nears the end of his current contract.

His current deal runs until summer 2024. He’ll sign a new Arsenal contract way before then. 

14 minutes ago, James said:

Maybe next contract then, but I just found out that he went to several of our games home and away as a kid so I think it is inevitable he will play for us in his prime.

:lol: If only it was as easy as that

53 minutes ago, James said:

Maybe next contract then, but I just found out that he went to several of our games home and away as a kid so I think it is inevitable he will play for us in his prime.

His dad (he liked Shearer, rather than being a Newcastle fan) took him to a few games, but I think he’s actually an Arsenal fan himself, having been there from 7 years old and growing up in London. He’s certainly never mentioned any affection for Newcastle in the media, I don’t think? 

https://www.givemesport.com/1585380-bukayo-saka-10-things-you-may-not-know-about-arsenals-breakthrough-star/

“Both of his parents are Nigerian and migrated to London for work. Both of Saka’s parents declared their support for Arsenal, and was part of the reason they moved to the capital. Saka has been a lifelong Arsenal fan, too.”

9 minutes ago, Manxst said:

His dad (he liked Shearer, rather than being a Newcastle fan) took him to a few games, but I think he’s actually an Arsenal fan himself, having been there from 7 years old and growing up in London. He’s certainly never mentioned any affection for Newcastle in the media, I don’t think? 

https://www.givemesport.com/1585380-bukayo-saka-10-things-you-may-not-know-about-arsenals-breakthrough-star/

“Both of his parents are Nigerian and migrated to London for work. Both of Saka’s parents declared their support for Arsenal, and was part of the reason they moved to the capital. Saka has been a lifelong Arsenal fan, too.”

https://www.arsenal.com/news/bukayo-saka-my-own-words

Says there his dad supported Newcastle as well. 

8 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/bukayo-saka-my-own-words

Says there his dad supported Newcastle as well. 

I’d heard he (dad) supported Newcastle, but it sounds like he just liked us because of Shearer more than anything?

“My dad has always been a big football fan, he supported Newcastle because he loved Alan Shearer.”

who knows? (Other than I don’t think he’s  got any particular affection for us?)

1 hour ago, James said:

3 hours ago, James said:

We will sign Saka when he nears the end of his current contract.

Both unrealistic, my good man. :lol: 

53 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I’d heard he (dad) supported Newcastle, but it sounds like he just liked us because of Shearer more than anything?

“My dad has always been a big football fan, he supported Newcastle because he loved Alan Shearer.”

who knows? (Other than I don’t think he’s  got any particular affection for us?)

Dad used to take him to away games to watch us and he would cheer for us is what I've just read, so he was a fan at some point!

Look at us clutching at straws, but you never know, he's so young and our financial muscle by the time he reaches his peak. Cracking player, way ahead of his age.