Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

Wouldn't Gabriel Jesus be a realistic option? He really needs to play to get into the national side for the WC and 4 years ago he was the next big thing. Completely stagnated, even regressed, but there is clearly talent there. If a team like us can't revive him than no one will and at 25 this might be the change he needs. 

17 minutes ago, Flip said:

Wouldn't Gabriel Jesus be a realistic option? He really needs to play to get into the national side for the WC and 4 years ago he was the next big thing. Completely stagnated, even regressed, but there is clearly talent there. If a team like us can't revive him than no one will and at 25 this might be the change he needs. 

He's only 25? Thought he was like 30.

He would be a fantastic signing.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Never really got it with Gabriel Jesus

Likewise. When he joined City he was being touted as the next big thing and he’s looked nothing like it whenever I’ve watched him. Mahrez is twice the played!
I imagine his wages of (I’m guessing) £200k per week would also be a huge stumbling block

Cody Gakpo anyone? Pretty versatile, mostly on the left though. Someone like him plus a “more proven” for the right hand side.  I imagine he’d cost quite a bit though. 

Edited by Ikon

46 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Cody Gakpo anyone? Pretty versatile, mostly on the left though. Someone like him plus a “more proven” for the right hand side.  I imagine he’d cost quite a bit though. 

Been linked with us before, including in the last window. PSV want a record fee for him, more than the 45m they got for Lozano. 

16 minutes ago, Nine said:

Gabriel Jesus will move to serie A within a season or two.

If Martinez is sold to someone in the PL which seems likely/possible, I can see Jesus being his replacement, as a cheaper option. 

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

If Martinez is sold to someone in the PL which seems likely/possible, I can see Jesus being his replacement, as a cheaper option. 

Exactly my line of thinking, or if Abraham leaves Roma.