Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

Just now, brummie said:

I hadn’t seen any of this match and turned on just after the first penalty. 

Dunno what happened with Trippier prior to that but as he stepped up it was written all over his face he was going to miss. Clearly looked absolutely not up onto it in terms of mindset.  

His blunder led to their equaliser in stoppage time.

1 minute ago, Amir_9 said:

This is such a typical response to be honest, the first part of my comment clearly shows I rate him and what he's done for us thus far, he is elite, but you can't look at the level of mistakes he's made recently as well as his age and not think by start of next season him being 34 its time to have him as a squad player rather than a guaranteed starter.

It's shortsighted in the extreme and typical in its own of the way this forum reacts. If he's still playing shite in February I'll take your point, but to say 'the decline has begun' with regard to one of, if not our best player after three poor performances is nothing other than reactionary bullshit.

His mistakes have all been mental not physical like. We usually control games well but recently we're just having to allow teams to attack us at will so mistakes will be more common. He's always had a rick in him tbf, he'll come back.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, mofo said:

What the fuck is this shit? Start phasing him out?!?! He's one of the best RBs in the league man!

Howe obviously didn't want him to play but he came on halftime probably as Krafth isn't fit enough to play the full 90mins.

He's had a nightmare of a mont, absolute shitter but he's still a class act and I'm sure he will bounce back.

Never said he wasn't a class act. I hope to be proven wrong and this dip in form is due to personal circumstances or fatigue (be it mental or physical) but at the same time I would not be surprised if its a start of an age related decline.

Does not mean I do not think he is an absolute top top class player who has done so much for us so far. I have commented on him being elite this season more than once if you look at my post history.

Guest reefatoon
8 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Looked fucking ill on the walk up to the penalty. 

He did didn’t he. Didn’t look well at all.

What were the personal reasons he mentioned as to why he had to leave? He’s not really been the same since. Tired yes but something else on his mind too perhaps.

That confrontation with the fan was odd as well, he should know better than to engage with idiots.

He’s earned any number of chances before we should start calling for him to be dropped. As a club, support for the players should come right the way through from the coaching staff and from the supporters. We need to get behind him.

He had that spat with ‘Supporter’ at Bournemouth,  then dropped out of the England squad and hasn't been the same since. Played a part in the 3 goals conceded at Everton, suspended last weekend then it goes wrong for him tonight again. Something clearly not right what we don’t know about, you don’t just loose that touch, class and calmness overnight.

Having said all of the above it seems he needs our support now than ever before for!

Kieran Trippier over the wall…..

2 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

That's the bottom line, as much as I rate him and appreciate everything he has done for the club.

Fuck this season man.

Aye I love him, brilliant player his performance against Man united was one of the highlights of the season for me. However we have to pick players on form and he isn't in form right now.

He took a chance on coming to us when he could have easily gone elsewhere and he was phenomenal last season, so he has my support :indi: I think people are right that it’s because of off the pitch reasons, so I hope gets all the support he needs