Kieran Trippier: sidelined until late April (Hope)

Yorkie

Wouldn't be massively against this if the fee was right and it helped with FFP, love what he has done for us since he came in but he's not getting any younger and he's been nowhere near his best for the last few months. We already have his replacement in Livermento as well.

32 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I hate this transfer window. :lol:

Of course there's a sensible argument in favour of letting Trippier go for a fee, but ffs can we just not? :lol: I love Tripps.

It won't happen anyway even if it were true, he clearly wants to be in England. 

No Yorkie, we now need to play the 'what's the lowest amount of money I would sell my own children for?' game for the next few pages, it's the N-O way. 

Realistically it would be a chance for him to win some Silverware before he retires. It probably won’t happen here in that time frame.

If they really want him, let them pay over the top for him. Don’t recall Bayern ever doing us any favours.

34 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I hate this transfer window. :lol:

Of course there's a sensible argument in favour of letting Trippier go for a fee, but ffs can we just not? :lol: I love Tripps.

It won't happen anyway even if it were true, he clearly wants to be in England. 

I wouldn't even say there is, tbh.

I'm sure there'll be arguments over his age and the mistakes that have crept in (which I still think/hope are just from being mentally and physically exhausted).

But the money we'd get for him would be a fraction of the cost to replace what he offers both on and off the pitch. And even if we could afford it, I'm not even sure there's a player available to us that could offer what he does in terms of leadership, somehow being the centre of our attacks despite being a full back, and his just generally being a fucking fantastic footballer.

This rumour can get right in the bin. I'll be staying out of this thread for a while I think. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Stifler said:

He’s not moving like, as others have said he’s came to us because his family were homesick in Spain 2 years ago. He’s not going to up and leave to go to Germany.

Nailed your colours to the mast there :lol:

All these rumours feel like they are off the back of that Eales interview. Just journalists creating stories in the hope one is true and for clicks. Be very surprised if anyone bar a couple of fringe players leave this winter.

30 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Well there would be two families there already that no doubt he knows well and a manager who speaks perfect English.

Plus most Germans speak pretty great English, I think it would be easier to settle there than Madrid.

Its more culturally similar to the UK than Spain too - and flight times are better (although the difference is negligible in the scheme of things).

wouldn’t sell our only creative player, like. Not unless we were getting wild money for him and had a genuinely creative replacement coming in.

6 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Absolutely cannot lose him unless the fee is ridiculous which I can’t see why it would be given his age. No way he can leave. 

This.

Bayern wouldn’t pay a fee that represents his value to us. 

If we bought no one this window and let Trippier leave it sends an awful message.