Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

Aye it's a no from me. Huge character, still a great player, leadership is massive. 

If there's anything to this then I do wonder if there is stuff going on in his personal life that has brought it on, really can't see us entertaining the idea for football or even financial reasons. 

3 minutes ago, Smal said:

before his dodgy period (coincidentally whilst we were playing 13 games in a month) he was playing his best football for us and there were no signs of any kind of decline. The opposite if anything tbh.

Aye up to the Everton game he was pretty much recognised as the in-form RB in the league and rightly so. That's only about 6 weeks ago. I don't think he's deteriorating or anything like that, just we have FFP restrictions, a quality RB ready to step in, and could be fixing our weakest area here. 

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Don't know enough about him, just his cringe comments around the CL draw and now telling us we have to sell players, yet wants Europe with limitations on funds and a squad not capable. Sounds legit.

At some point we will need to sell players to PSR fund further signings.  You might not like it but that will happen eventually. 

We need Europe to increase revenue directly (match day, prize money) and allows for more lucrative sponsorship deals. Both increase spending power in the transfer market. Without it - we have to sell even more players to fund squad investment. 

IMO if we don’t make Europe - we’ll 100% sell a star player. The odds of selling stars decreases with more success we have in the pitch. Just like any other team. 

Other European comps aren’t as demanding on a squad as CL and if Howe is going to last he’s going to have to adapt to it or else someone else will. 

Not gonna lie would be genuinely devastated if Trippier left... bar a few mistakes over the last few months he's been so vital to everything we have been trying to achieve on and off the field, and his signing really did symbolise a new era and a surge in positivity, performances and results, which really  only started to falter over the last 2 months or so... with out a doubt the most important signing in my 25 years following the club

Would hate to see him go, and  as someone said earlier he really is the heartbeat of the team under Howe.  Can´t help but feel  that without him  we'd be somewhat rudderless, as he is a massive personality, influence  and captain for us and is the glue that binds the team together.  If he has maybe had some personal issues and wants to leave the area, then the whole thing makes a lot more sense.

Just logged in, checked this thread first................................and am I the only one thinking that we're going to end up looking like that Milan fan when the Tonali rumours started here? [emoji38]

I was expecting Trippier to have another season here before making way for Livramento and move into a role in the backroom staff. The guy is 33 so from a sporting perspective it wouldn't be the end of the world if there's a good deal to be made, but he's personified our return to the top so would be very sad if he wasn't involved with the club in some capacity for years to come.

7 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Just logged in, checked this thread first................................and am I the only one thinking that we're going to end up looking like that Milan fan when the Tonali rumours started here? [emoji38]

yes

Wirtz would be a dream signing but I’d honestly pass out if we signed Kimmich. Kimmich in means Bruno out imho. They basically do the exact same thing. 

5 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Sorry, Kimmich? :lol:

Is there anyone actually reporting that, or has someone on here just put 2 and 2 together? What have I missed?

Louise Taylor.

2 hours ago, Minhosa said:

That's exactly what I was thinking aswell.[emoji38]