Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

If he's desperate to get away then fuck him.

Rumours swirling that he's a Greedy Cunt™.

Edited by 80

44 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

That'll not help - That's allegedly the reason he's wanting away in the first place!

50 minutes ago, 80 said:

Rumours swirling that he's a Greedy Cunt™.

I've been reliably informed he's a total freak and an absolute weirdo, too.

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

99% of players of his calibre wouldn't even go to us in the first place, with the situation that we were in. Especially not for "just" £120.000 per week. If he wants to leave then I would thank him for everything he has done and wish him good luck. He deserves it. If you expect players to stay just to be loyal to their club in 2024, then I'm sorry, but that doesn't really happen anymore. They will stay if they feel like that's the best thing for them and their family in their current situation, or if the club can convince them to stay until the next window or something like that (or even force them to stay, but that can be risky).

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, Erikse said:

99% of players of his calibre wouldn't even go to us in the first place, with the situation that we were in. Especially not on "just" £120.000 per week. If he wants to leave then I would thank him for everything he has done and wish him good luck. He deserve it. If you expect players to stay just to be loyal to the club in 2024, then I'm sorry, but that doesn't really happen anymore. They will stay if they feel like that's the best thing for them and their family in their current situation, or if the club can convince them to stay until the next window or something like that.

Yep, if he’s off then he’ll still be a top bloke and player in my eyes.  He was this generation’s Brian Kilcline for me (though obviously a much better player)

The way some of our fans are going on on twitter like he’s Marcelino. Total arseholes. Trippier has been a leader and class for us since day one. Helped keep us up and Took us to a cup final and the champions league. 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

The way some of our fans are going on on twitter like he’s Marcelino. Total arseholes. Trippier has been a leader and class for us since day one. Helped keep us up and Took us to a cup final and the champions league. 

That's your problem, twitter doesn't represent real life at all, just angry, shock value, keyboard warriors and wums

10 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

That's your problem, twitter doesn't represent real life at all, just angry, shock value, keyboard warriors and wums

Some in this very thread are saying the same thing. I was being polite leaving it at Twitter 

He is 34 in September, imo its not a long term solution to keep him as a starter here and have him kind of being one of the main creative force. Still very influential for us and has been since he arrived for sure.

only thing  I can assume he thinks of is the CL, will he play CL with Newcastle in next 1-2 seasons?possibly not. with Bayern and Kane there that is guaranteed also some Bundesliga titles as well and be one of the favourites for CL too.

I think he has current contract until summer 2025. so this and one more season. would I extend that? not really. but this is the exact case of him still being useful for us next 18 months certainly much more than some bullshit 10-15m fee would get us in return.

3 hours ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Obviously it's because Hope is Bruce's long lost son...  And he only popped around his mother's house for the Bacon!

CRAIGHOPE-BRUCE.webp

No wonder he’s always so miserable. He looks like the human version of grumpy cat. 

Also shades of Buzz Lightyear. 

1 hour ago, Menace said:

:lol:

Who called Yanga a weirdo again, I forgot... was it Pardiola?

I was wholly unsurprised to find out it was Crumpy Gunt via a forum search. :lol:

It would probably hurt us in the short term, but sometimes there's a smart time to sell.

Trippier has been instrumental in turning us around and is a leader in the group, so I would worry about his departure. But if we keep him, what's the plan next season? If Trippier is number 1 then not only does it hold Tino back, but chances are Trippier's performances start to drop with age while his wages don't. If he's number 2 or rotating, then his wages are just too high to be a bit-part player. We could give those wages to someone who starts every game and improves the first XI not just now but hopefully for years to come. Whether we keep or sell, Trippier's time as a top player is limited.

You need a squad, but with FFP we're not allowed anywhere near the same spend as the Sky 6. We're going to have to make these types of difficult decisions and the key is is all about timing. We could hang onto him too long and end up with a high earner whose legs are going and limited interest from clubs that can afford his wages.

If we were touch and go for 4th right now, this would be a much harder decision. There is more of an argument to think a bit longer term now with the way this season has gone.

Let him go if that's what he wants, no good been creative if your basically throwing them in your own net the last few months. We aren't seeing that leadership he once gave us he's either on the way down as in age has caught upto him or he wants away.