Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

Just now, sempuki said:

Can totally see him going now. 

Aye, there’s too much noise for this not to happen. The only thing that stops it is if the other lad Bayern are after is available to them 

Hope he goes, he’s been class but it’s a good move for the club to get some money in for him. I just pray they pluck another Bruno level signing  out of somewhere with the FFP wriggle room. 

Livramento at RB + a £40m CM from Europe feels like a net gain.

8 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Can totally see him going now. 

Still not convinced Bayern will cough up enough of a fee to make it worthwhile.

Bayern ONLY 2nd in the Bundesliga, 7 points behind Leverkusen, they're about to lose to Bremen at time of writing. It's a CRISIS of epic proportions for the Munich club and they are desperate for reinforcements.

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Do we even have any idea what the first offer was? It seemed to change from a loan to a permanent deal but i haven’t seen any numbers quoted 

Indeed. No concrete news, all pure speculation.

Also, why are people giving credence to a Louise Taylor article?

She, along with every other Guardian North East football correspondent, fuckin hates us.

2 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Indeed. No concrete news, all pure speculation.

Also, why are people giving credence to a Louise Taylor article?

She, along with every other Guardian North East football correspondent, fuckin hates us.

I just think there’s not been anywhere near enough on our side to shut it down. Ashworth has killed leaks so the only reason this has got out is because either Trippier or us want it to happen. My guess is that it’s come from Trippier originally but fuck knows 

1 minute ago, samptime29 said:

How much wiggle room do we get if we offload tripper? How much can we spend this window?

Just hope we dont spend it on Onana!! 

Baffled at how many people are ok with him leaving or think it’s a good move given his age. He’s still controlling games from right back and completely shutting down wingers opposition fans are saying will cause is problems. He’s still up there with highest chances created in the league, we don’t have anyone else even remotely close to him for set pieces. That’s before you even consider his experience and influence. 

But aye sell him for somewhere around £15m. We couldn’t even sign a backup for that. 

Would be gutted to see him go. A couple of months ago there would have been uproar at the slightest thought of him going anywhere else. I honestly think we will massively miss his leadership and creative output if he goes :sad:

Just now, St1pe said:

Baffled at how many people are ok with him leaving or think it’s a good move given his age. He’s still controlling games from right back and completely shutting down wingers opposition fans are saying will cause is problems. He’s still up there with highest chances created in the league, we don’t have anyone else even remotely close to him for set pieces. That’s before you even consider his experience and influence. 

But aye sell him for somewhere around £15m. We couldn’t even sign a backup for that. 

Well yeah, but there is the emotion as good in business syndrome, notwithstanding the cruel to be kind scenarios.

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Well yeah, but there is the emotion as good in business syndrome, notwithstanding the cruel to be kind scenarios.

I think a lot of people are willing to give the club a lot of credit. 

IMO it’s shit but seems FFP enforced.  It’s good FFP business potentially. That’s the only justification. It’s bad otherwise.