Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

What's the facial apparatus?

What is this science? Under Ashley and Bruce he’d be using a brown paper bag for this shit.

Norwich maybe then. Don't see him being fully fit for Palace but I suppose he could play a small part if its right to do so.

At least we aren't in desperation mode and don't need to rush him back.

Guest HTT II

I wouldn’t risk him, I want him 100% for next season. I doubt Kraft will play every game next season anyway, so…

Edited by HTT II

If he's fit, Howe won't be able to stop him playing. He will force himself onto the bench, probably at Norwich, before coming in against one of the 3 tougher games we have.

Again, it will be a timely boost if we lose to City or Liverpool.

If he's fully fit and ready to return then I can't think of a good reason not to pick him tbh. He's a footballer, he's here to play games, he's fit and improves the team massively. It's a no brainer

If there's no concerns about his health he will play, but medical team needs to be really diligent. Lots of players (or is it only our players?) who are out for a long time often get another seemingly unrelated injury shortly after getting back from the initial one. His bones being healed may not mean his muscles or tendons are ready for the strain of a PL match after being inactive for so long. I've also heard of players coming back from a long injury getting back problems if one foot/leg all of a sudden have to do more work than it used to etc so they need to take their time with him. He's going to be so important for us next season.

Guest reefatoon

Don’t get the “wouldn’t risk him” talk. If he’s declared fit why leave him out? He’s not being rushed back, they will know exactly when he is able to play, so just leaving him out is baffling.

Edited by reefatoon

13 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Don’t get the “wouldn’t risk him” talk. If he’s declared fit why leave him out? He’s not being rushed back, they will know exactly when he is able to play, so just leaving him out is baffling.

I agree, I don’t think there’s that much of a risk (re re-injury) with Trippier it’s just whether he’s physically fit and ready. Wilson on the other hand having had a calf issue is much more problematic regarding his return where re-injury is a much greater risk.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

4 hours ago, reefatoon said:

It means don't push, don't rush. Obviously the medical team know what they're doing, we don't so have to speculate.

I'm just glad we're in a position to decide purely on his fitness and not because we're desperate for a survival 'boost'.

If everyone thinks he's ready then I trust them and it'll be fantastic to see him back out there. 

• 2 weeks later...