Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

All gone a bit quiet on this front. He's nowhere to be seen in the training photos so i'd say he's still a few weeks away maybe. We essentially have 3 free ones coming up before Burnley. would it be mad to risk him when the job is done?

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

All gone a bit quiet on this front. He's nowhere to be seen in the training photos so i'd say he's still a few weeks away maybe. We essentially have 3 free ones coming up before Burnley. would it be mad to risk him when the job is done?

Would agree. Sure is fun to watch the guy though.

Edited by McDog

Got a funny feeling he may make the bench for the City and Arsenal games, then Burnley he may get the start. Seems pointless risking him, but I also think it would be good for him to get him at least some action before he goes off for another long break at the end of the season. 

Our best player before he was injured, but it'd be on harsh on Krafth right now who's in the form of his life. No doubt Trips has had a big hand in that behind the scenes I'd think. 

I wouldn't mind either way if he plays again this season or not, I trust Howe's coaching team. That aside, I stand by my previous comments just a couple of games into his move that I declared he's so classy he's up there with Woodgate, probably already our best ever right back in the PL era. 

I wouldn't say I've forgotten about this guy but fuck I got a nice reminder of his existence when I decided to watch the Everton highlights again this morning. I love Bruno and he's obviously a cut above every other midfielder in the squad, but I'd still say that I'm the most buzzing about Trippier. It was a bit of a pinch-yourself signing because he's a big deal, like. Regular England international coming here off the back off winning La Liga, and immediately looking absolutely class in the team. Get in, man, can't wait to see him back out there. 

On 18/04/2022 at 17:43, reefatoon said:

Don’t get the “wouldn’t risk him” talk. If he’s declared fit why leave him out? He’s not being rushed back, they will know exactly when he is able to play, so just leaving him out is baffling.

I think it stems from the fact that the clubs old version of 'fit' is very different to actually being fit and he'd end up crocked again within 60 minutes.

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

So he’ll be back available for City, great news!

You have to admire the way Howe will always stick to the group he prepared all week, even if there’s a better option available, he gets a game plan together with what he has at the time and that’s better than throwing someone in who hasn’t prepared with the squad.

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, Pixelphish said:

I think it stems from the fact that the clubs old version of 'fit' is very different to actually being fit and he'd end up crocked again within 60 minutes.

The old version yes, but not now.

Howe: "Kieran and Callum Wilson are getting closer. I don't think they will be ready for this week. But Kieran has been back on the grass and trained with us. One session. Callum is not quite there yet but he is edging closer. He is doing a lot of hard work and we will be guided by the sports science team. We definitely won't rush them back and we won't put them at risk but if they are fit and available, we will use them."

I'm hoping to see Trippier against Arsenal. Would give us a look as to how far away we are from teams like that.

If Wilson can make a cameo off the bench vs Burnley, all the better. After Wood has done 60 mins and scored against them.

I have absolute faith in our new management team that players will only play when ready. Under Bruce et al, they'd be thrown in as soon as they could walk but I trust Howe completely.

When they play, it's because they're ready to play. So I don't get the people saying "leave them until next season", because there's no risk any more than than there's a risk starting Bruno or Burn or anyone else. Should we rest EVERYONE until next season, in case they get injured? That would seem silly to even suggest.

I think some people are still suffering (Understandably!) from what's happened under our previous bunch of incompetents.

No matter how their injuries are progressing, neither he nor Wilson should play another minute of this season. Fair enough if we were still in relegation trouble, but we are safe now and risking them would be absolutely idiotic. Instead give them a few weeks of "pre-pre season" ahead of the others to get them gently up to speed.

In fairness that's what Howe said in press conference, that if they play it will be because they are ready same as any other player they aren't going to risk anything. It sounds like trippier will be back for last couple games maybe but doubt sooner for that reason.