Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

1 hour ago, POOT 2.0 said:

So, pre the 1st...they've agreed a fee with AM, been talking to the player, got agreements and all to be ready to put in a formal bid on the 1st day of the TW. What is this sorcery? 

Have they actually agreed a fee? Not sure I've heard that anywhere, I was under the impression we've agreed most of the terms with Trippier, but was expecting Atletico to try and rinse us for as much as possible once the deal looked on. 

Just now, TRon said:

Have they actually agreed a fee? Not sure I've heard that anywhere, I was under the impression we've agreed most of the terms with Trippier, but was expecting Atletico to try and rinse us for as much as possible once the deal looked on. 

Not confirmed that they've agreed a fee but judging by simeones comments it would suggest that they have agreed a fee and it's just up to Trippier if he wants to leave now.

Just now, Joey47 said:

Not confirmed that they've agreed a fee but judging by simeones comments it would suggest that they have agreed a fee and it's just up to Trippier if he wants to leave now.

I hope so, like I said, was expecting them to make it awkward as possible, but the money must be too good. 

Just now, POOT 2.0 said:

I'm just presuming that if we have the go ahead to talk to Trippier (from AM)...we must have agreed a fee :dontknow: I've always presumed that clubs need to agree the cost before the buyers can even think about sorting details with a player. 

You would think so, but you also hear many stories of clubs speaking to the agents of players and sometimes agreeing wages/contract details before actually bidding for that player.

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

I'm just presuming that if we have the go ahead to talk to Trippier (from AM)...we must have agreed a fee :dontknow: I've always presumed that clubs need to agree the cost before the buyers can even think about sorting details with a player. 

Just reading through the transfer rumours thread now, and it seems like they are set to reject our initial bid. So as I thought, they will be looking to rinse us for as much as possible. 

35 minutes ago, lQmmel said:

I think they’re just making up what they think. Clearly the discussions have already happened, we know how much they want, we know he wants to come and we’ve had to wait until today to put our formal offer in. 

Just now, NEEJ said:

There's a release clause though, right? So that's the upper limit of what Atletico can ask for, and we knew this going into it. 

The release clause is pretty astronomical for a 31 year old so I would think we'd want to pay a bit less than that. 

I imagine we aren't even bothered about haggling for Trippier. Pay his release clause and move on to our next target. Botman will need work, in order to make sure we aren't getting fleeced.

The issue is that yes we could over pay for Botman bit then the people at top will just say, "in that case we should just go for player x instead".

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

The release clause is pretty astronomical for a 31 year old so I would think we'd want to pay a bit less than that. 

£31m, IIRC? It's hardly extortionate for a player of his calibre. 

12 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

I imagine it#s still bad form to speak to a player without permission from his club, but nobody can stop you speaking with their agent.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

I imagine we aren't even bothered about haggling for Trippier. Pay his release clause and move on to our next target. Botman will need work, in order to make sure we aren't getting fleeced.

The issue is that yes we could over pay for Botman bit then the people at top will just say, "in that case we should just go for player x instead".

I think its about 60m euros - a bit high if you ask me.

11 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Transfer fees are partly based on resale value, so yes it is, simply due to his age.

Yeah, we'd be basically writing off £31m, and that's a fair chunk of money no matter who you are. 

£15m player due to age but happy to pay an additional £10m as it'll spark our season and window which will see other quality players follow him through the door. When you look at it like that £25m is an absolute bargain. Cost us £8m to sack Bruce ffs and another £3m to hire the cunt in the 1st place.