Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

Chronicles saying Chelsea are interested in him as well now.

Disclaimer: cannot find another single sight other than chronicle saying this so don't believe it just yet 

Edited by Gawalls

7 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Chronicles saying Chelsea are interested in him as well now.

Disclaimer: cannot find another single sight other than chronicle saying this so don't believe it just yet 

Lee Ryder by any chance? Loves being a doom monger him.

He could play for 3-4 years left and as others have said £25mil if it helps keep us up and sets foundations going forward plus offers good experience is probably worth it and will be forgotten about quickly.

20 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Let's not pretend 31 is completely over the hill either.

I know we've been conditioned under Ashely to believe it is

When it comes to playing football, no its not. When it comes to resale value, yeah it is.

Shit load of money to pay for a decent full back but worth it in our case.

Said it before and I will see it again... Its a message. Whether Trippier works out or not is only half the story. As a club the message is that we mean business, have ambition and want to sign good players.

People take notice. Agents, players and even the media will start seeing us as movers in the good player market.

Getting the first one done will help massively.

5 minutes ago, Kasper said:

When it comes to playing football, no its not. When it comes to resale value, yeah it is.

It could create the value elsewhere though in the club or help another player improve and improve value of the squad as a whole.

The players we buy now are not just about resale value, it's about staying up and building foundations

3 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Tbf we do have FFP to consider. We can't go hell for leather. 

Why's that? FFP is considered over 3 years, any larger investments haven't even rolled in yet, and we need being kept up now.

25 minutes ago, Kasper said:

We don’t need to concern ourselves with resale value. Ashley ain’t here anymore 

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I thought FFP only applied to small clubs like Derby to keep them small and the big clubs can do whatever else they like?

I've always said if they're gonna put a maximum cap On investment then there should be a minimum as well.

Sitting around for years watching us get no money for advertisement and having any money go towards Debenhams and whatever then say our new owners can't take the piss doesn't sit right with me.