Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Beth said:

It's like playing football manager on here at times. Expecting £30m plus for the likes of Almiron as well. 

At least £20mil - he is an established PL player.  The lad is so underrated on this forum.

I'm amazed that we're interested in doing this deal for such a small fee. I'm not saying we should get big money for him before people get overexcited, what I mean is when you balance everything out its probably not a good deal for us. As you can see from the graphic on the previous page showing his stats, he's one of the best players in the league so far this season for chances and assists, he's also a big character and leader in our squad so is it really worth losing a player like that to gain just £11m?

I'd find it much more beneficial for us to keep a player of such quality here until the end of his contract at the end of next season and rotate him with Livramento. I know we need to sell to buy but there are definitely others you'd sell before Trippier. The only thing I can think of is that the player himself wants the deal, but like I said before in the thread, if he is happy to stay here then keep him. 

Edited by Decky

1 minute ago, Decky said:

I'm amazed that we're interested in doing this deal for such a small fee. I'm not saying we should get big money for him before people get overexcited, what I mean is when you balance everything out its probably not a good deal for us. As you can see from the graphic on the previous page showing his stats, he's one of the best players in the league so far this season for chances and assists, he's also a big character and leader in our squad so is it really worth losing a player like that to gain just £11m?

I'd find it much more beneficial for us to keep a player of such quality here until the end of his contract at the end of next season and rotate him with Livramento. I know we need to sell to buy but there are definitely others you'd sell before Trippier. The only thing I can think of is that the player himself wants the deal, but like I said before in the thread, if he is happy to stay here then keep him. 

Yeah, but you’re not taking into account getting £11m for him, spread over 5 years divided by the income from a new official lightbulb sponsor, times that by the total under 16s travel expenses, means we can bring in 2.3 loan players next June.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

None of this makes any sense like. £11m or the multiplied £30m to spend on another player and it surely can't be seen as even remotely worth it for what you lose. Baffling to me like. 

If it doesn't make financial sense, then there is something else driving it. I think we all know what that is. 

46 minutes ago, Beth said:

He's 33 years old ffs, what do you expect, £25m? 

Id expect us to not sell our captain for an absolute pittance, so yeah around £25m sounds about right actually. Otherwise Id hope we tell them to fuck right off, we're not here to be nice to anyone. 

13 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Yeah, but you’re not taking into account getting £11m for him, spread over 5 years divided by the income from a new official lightbulb sponsor, times that by the total under 16s travel expenses, means we can bring in 2.3 loan players next June.

While I know you’re taking the mick, we also wouldn’t get £11m on the FFP books for him.  It would be around half that

33 minutes ago, duo said:

Says it all really....

skysports-kieran-trippier-graphic_642963

33 and literally running the show even on a poor season by his standards, or is it?

He's a key player, probably Howe's first or second name on the team sheet each time we play.

We'd never sell unless it's tactical move with all bases covered.

I'll stand by what I've already said before, Darren Eales has created a shitstorm for Eddie and the club with his stupid badly timed announcement, that many misinterpreted that we need to sell.

It's given journalists something to arse around with during this PL break, brought a lot of unnecessary attention our way in a stale January where bait is needed. 

I suspect Trips is pushing hard for this - he's had such a terrible run of form the last few months you can't help but think he fancies a fresh start at a top side alongside Kane...

No ill will at all the lad gave us more than we were due. No real qualms considering Tino will be getting the benefit of the playing time.

I'm not really surprised by the rumours of the low fee. He was signed for a low fee in the first place and is now two years older so I don't think we're in a particularly strong bargaining position.

Of course, if we'd paid £50million it would've been canny value given everything he's brought to us, but when it's a question of getting something now - as opposed to nothing later - recouping what we paid wouldn't be terrible business, especially if he's interested in the move.

42 minutes ago, Beth said:

It's like playing football manager on here at times. Expecting £30m plus for the likes of Almiron as well. 

You're referring to my post in the Almiron thread which you quoted earlier, which I'd like to correct you on - it was in Euros. £25m from Saudi is fair value for a player who hit double figures last season and is a regular premier league starter.  

If you think £11m for Trippier is good value you're clueless btw. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

We paid £12m tbf

The market has changed since then, and he is worth far more to us both on and off the field than he was to Atletico. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm not really surprised by the rumours of the low fee. He was signed for a low fee in the first place and is now two years older so I don't think we're in a particularly strong bargaining position.

Of course, if we'd paid £50million it would've been canny value given everything he's brought to us, but when it's a question of getting something now - as opposed to nothing later - recouping what we paid wouldn't be terrible business, especially if he's interested in the move.

It's his value to the team though - I get Trips may be interested in the move but unless it works for the club i.e. we get a decent fee for him - he needs to stay.  It would leave a massive whole with him gone, from a leadership perspective and creativity.  We haven't exactly got an abundance of creative players.

1 minute ago, Andy said:

The market has changed since then, and he is worth far more to us both on and off the field than he was to Atletico. 

Exactly this ^

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Agreed, but I don’t think his market value would be too much higher than £11m.  Assuming that we don’t need to sell and that the player wants to stay, then getting Trippier’s market value hardly seems worth it.  

We have a substitute who is good enough, krafty as back up.

I say sell and the get phillips in and perhaps another player if we can stretch thw funds... 

Just now, duo said:

It's his value to the team though - I get Trips may be interested in the move but unless it works for the club i.e. we get a decent fee for him - he needs to stay.  It would leave a massive whole with him gone, from a leadership perspective and creativity.  We haven't exactly got an abundance of creative players.

I agree that he's absolutely indispensable to us; I just can't imagine there's anyone out there willing to pay 'most productive RB in the league' prices, due to his age.

5 minutes ago, Collage said:

Yes, amazing really. Now it’s about what he’s worth to us though

If we want to sell our 30-somethings then I'd say it's more about what someone is willing to pay. 

Wasn't he the best performing right back in Europe last season? 

Even taking his ave into regard, if you want to buy the best be prepared to pay a Premium.