Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That's the point though, isn't it? Ex-pros don't really know enough about what's happening in a football game to educate the viewer. They just did their job and now they're on TV because their name is known. 

I don't think so. I wouldn't want JLA for example there. His analysis takes time and needs data in order for him to pick out his insight. Analysis that's in the moment and on the fly all seems to fall into the same pitfalls of being rushed, guesswork, and out of place imo.

Carragher and Neville are fine analysing at halftime or whatever but on co-comms it's often guesswork and also not what you want to hear imo. I just want someone who enjoys the game giving basic but positive opinion on it, like McCoist does. I don't want Poindexter in my ear shoehorning their knowledge in.

The people you think should be replacing them are best suited to where they are imo - on a Monday where they've had the time to look at everything properly.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Ah well sure, if they're better ex-pros. My point was that whoever they get should know about football tactics and be able to explain why something happened in the game they're watching. Just being an ex-pro doesn't really guarantee that. 

Fair point about instant reaction KI, interesting to see how those people would do in a live situation. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

I don’t see why you couldn’t have someone on who’s good at interpreting data at HT and the end of a game mind. They have 45 minutes to be looking at it and they must have access to more live info than the rest of us.

On co-commentary (and commentary really) the bad ones are ones who judge the action, and the good ones are the ones who just describe it. 

The most annoying thing is the "terrible pass by..." and "lovely play by..." and "he has to do better there..." etc.

Really annoying and adds nothing, the point should be to explain things that the average viewer can't appreciate. 

It pains me to say this because I hate him and everything else he does is awful, but when Michael Owen walks everyone through a finish or a chance and describes the thought process from a striker's perspective, it's dare I say not that bad.

I'm off for a shower.

Edited by Kid Icarus

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It pains me to say this because I hate him and everything else he does is awful, but when Michael Owen walks everyone through a finish or a chance and describes the thought process from a striker's perspective, it's dare I say not that bad.

I'm off for shower.

This is about the worst thing I've ever read on this forum. I feel sick.

16 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm off for shower.

why do this

22 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm off for shower.

Cunt

😉

12 minutes ago, Big River said:
2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

He gets away with it more than others, possibly because he's one of the fart huffer podcasters but Andy Hinchcliffe needs to fuck off forever imo. Can't stand him.

@Yorkie must have hurt reading this

I recoiled, yes. 

39 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm off for a shower.

Never seen a program with Owen but 

puke-vomit.gif

MOTM, Shirley? 

Not sure who got the official one. But I thought that was one of his best games for us.

Not as impressive as usual going forward. But he was always there to sweep up and his positioning was superb all game. For once, it was his defending that really stood out. 

The most important signing of the Howe era. 

10 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He’s our most important player. 

Aye, him and Bruno. Bruno edges it on what his overall footballing ability and game brings to the pitch, Trippier edges it on what his character brings to the pitch alongside his ability. I’d say they’re tied