Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

21 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Was actually happy that he took the ban, play him against Milan and give him a week off after that.

Drop him for Milan game and give him a longer break for me. An in form tripps is the best on the pitch but a tired one is the worst.

Edited by Gawalls

I think he'll be absolutely quality for a while yet when him and Livramento are used on a split basis. Asking a 33 year old to bomb it down the wing as much as he does 3 matches a week is brutal like

Edited by Menace

5 minutes ago, Menace said:

I think he'll be absolutely quality for a while yet when him and Livramento are used on a split basis. Asking a 33 year old to bomb it down the wing as much as he does 3 matches a week is brutal like

When he was waiting to take the free kick he was panting like me chasing the ice cream van down the street.

1 hour ago, TRC said:

Think people need to cut him some slack, he was up against probably the best attacking player in the league who is lethal with both feet.

He's been great but clearly needed a rest for this game. Him (4) and Dubravka (3) have cost us all the goals we've conceeded the last two games.

2 minutes ago, Beth said:

He's been great but clearly needed a rest for this game. Him (4) and Dubravka (3) have cost us all the goals we've conceeded the last two games.

I need you to be specific.

What goals.

1 minute ago, Beth said:

Why? It's obvious.

Trippier first two in each game, Dubravka last one at Everton and the last two today.

I think that's super harsh personally. Everton first two is clear, but sometimes you get beaten by a world class player.

The third today was a fluke tbh.

I actually thought that whilst his balance and footing was clearly off for Son going past him on the second the initial issue was that our midfield/defence were out of shape. Would need to review further but Trippier is isolated as 2 on 1 when he remains inside to mark the more central forward player, thus winning the header, he then has to make up the yards to get to Son who, opens up the opportunity to really go at him at the earliest opportunity and a player of that quality doesn't need any time to think.

I thought a midfielder or perhaps Miggy should have been back in there to help him out.

It appeared somewhat of a clear strategy to me today (that they'd isolate Son vs a fatigued Trippier) easy to say in hindsight but it may have been worth playing Tino right and Dummett or Ritchie LB.

The booking and suspension for Fulham is a God send to be honest. Trippier needs a break.

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

Livra?

I think if there weren’t injuries the pecking order for Howe would be:

Corners
Trippier

Tonali

Targett

Gordon (maybe)

Hall (maybe)

Livramento (maybe)

Free kicks 

Trippier

Fab (if in striking distance)

Tonali

Targett

Fuck knows 

I’ve a lot of sympathy for him, he’s a model pro and a top player who is so completely cabbaged at this point that it’s sad to watch him.  Glad he misses Fulham, given that Howe simply won’t rest him a ban is the only way he misses a game or two.

Hopefully the knowledge of a week off to rest after it will see him back to something like his best vs Milan