Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

Absolutely huge signing. He said in an interview he wanted to keep playing and was happy to drop down the leagues if need be if his body wasn't up to highest level so not surprised he would rather move on than stay on a bench. Sad there's a bit of a cloud but he has been a huge servant to the club, lifted the club and set a high standard. If he does go we absolutely need a new right winger otherwise i fear our right side will be incredibly blunt

£5-10m plus wages saved or keep him till his contract expires. I'm not sold Livra does a full season without some medium term injury. 

Shame he didn't go to bayern. Could have made a huge difference to psr and may not have needed to sell like we did. 

3 hours ago, Upthemags said:

Feel like hes a poor match for Dycheball bit of a head scratcher

With his delivery he would be perfect for Dyche.

As much as I admire Trippier and love him for how he helped turn the club around, I have somewhatost my attachment to him in the last 6 months or so. Something just doen't seem right. I can probably point to that incident he had with one of our muppet fans down at Bournemouth and found it surprising he would react in such a way, although entirely justifiable too, that he was finding the going tough. Maybe personally, maybe age-wise was catching up. Even when he was with England at the Euros, I felt a bit strange watching him as if it was an indicator for me that he won't be our player for much longer.

I'm just rambling at this point now but I truly do appreciate and love him for how he lead the team in his time here but if he wants to leave, whatever the reason he gives, then just let him leave. 

57 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

They seemed very much together at the weekend 🤷‍♂️

Being together doesn’t mean he’s staying. If he’s done cheating in Newcastle area, it’s probably a constant reminder to his wife, and moving away helps with things and a fresh start.

2 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Being together doesn’t mean he’s staying. If he’s done cheating in Newcastle area, it’s probably a constant reminder to his wife, and moving away helps with things and a fresh start.

🤷‍♂️ I was simply replying to Jack saying that they clearly aren't together anymore.

Fairly certain I’ve seen it mentioned already in this thread but if we sell Trippier I new RW is an absolute must to fill the creativity void on that side. 

21 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Tripps signing was part of our transformation....please dont have short memories about him.

Lifted us out of the gutter with Big Dan imo

Agree, been supporting the club now since the spring of 99 and imo he has been our most important signing in my time following the club... in what was probably our most important transfer window, Tripps along with bruno Target and BDB really proplled us from certain  Relegation to 11th place, which is crazy when you think about it, our form from feb-may that season was phenominal, would be sad to see him go, think he would be a great asset to have as a squad player and in the dressing room... but if he does go think he will most definitely be fondly remembered by supporters...

53 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Tripps signing was part of our transformation....please dont have short memories about him.

Lifted us out of the gutter with Big Dan imo

Haven't seen a single post in here from the last couple of days days indicating that anyone has short term memories about him.

Edited by Erikse

48 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Haven't seen a single post in here from the last couple of days days indicating that anyone has short term memories about him.

It's a surprise to be honest - we've had quite a few talk about him like he was shit for over a year now.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Would very much prefer not to sell Trippier like. 

I wish it was different but if he actively wants to leave then sadly it really needs to happen. 

2 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

They seemed very much together at the weekend 🤷‍♂️

She used to have him allover her social media accounts and now she's unfollowed him and never gives him a mention

He must have telt her to pipe down with that shite then. Fair play to him

37 minutes ago, jack j said:

She used to have him allover her social media accounts and now she's unfollowed him and never gives him a mention

He must have telt her to pipe down with that shite then. Fair play to him

These journalists don't understand that the club is saying it wants to keep every player precisely not to undermine themselves with regards to price.

Of course we will sell Trippier if the correct price comes in and this might be one of those where Howe has to accept selling an ageing player is the best solution long term.

Probably is time for him to go with Tino coming up, but he's been one of the most important signings in our history imo. Completely transformational. His leadership was a big part of dragging the club out of the relegation zone when we looked doomed to drop. Nothing but gratitude to him - hope he finds a club he can get regular football at

I'm torn on this. He 100% has a really valuable role to play in what should be a transitional year for us at RB. However, given his key role as a leader, if he doesn't want to be here and he ends ups staying I can see that having a negative affect on team morale/cohesion. Then there is every Newcastle's favourite topic, PSR, and this surely represents the last chance to get some money for him.

I think overall I would thank him profoundly for what he has done for the club but I would look to sell him.

Played some of the best football of his career with Miggy infront of him.

Can see why he'd want to leave with the uncertainty surrounding his Mexican buddy.

Other than saving wages a loan seems no help to us at all we would be a tino suspension or injury away from kraft or a formation change. Decent fee if he wants to be a gaurenteed starter and we get someone to carry on pushing tino is fine. With all our players would prefer them to leave the prem though.