Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

34 at the start of next season. If we get an offer, aye, I think his time might be up.

Been the best RB and one the very best players I've seen in B&W, but we can't carry him if he declines badly. We've enough cheerleaders in the squad.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Wonderful player that started it all and I'll love him forever but 'cash in'

Cash in? We had the chance in January and didn't take it.

Edited by Beth

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Beth said:

Cash in? We had the chance in January and didn't take it.

We can't ever sell him because he used to be good 1 year ago, and therefore it would be shameful to sell him or suggest that we should sell him (according to some)

Edited by Erikse

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Wouldn't be averse to selling him in the summer if we can get anything close to what Bayern were allegedly offering in January.

I get where you're coming from but depends on fee and if he wants to go (great mentor etc). Tonight he wouldn't have played if Tino was fit.

Not impressed by our lack of ruthlessness when we had the chance to shift him for £12m in the January window. I thought we were cannier in the transfer market than this, but all this leadership cobblers will come home to roost in the transfer market further down the line.

That felt like a performance of a man whose legs have gone. Could be fitness which is fair at 34, harder to get up to speed, but if he’s coming into side next season rusty when Tino is injured, making mistakes isn’t ideal. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Not impressed by our lack of ruthlessness when we had the chance to shift him for £12m in the January window. I thought we were cannier in the transfer market than this, but all this leadership cobblers will come home to roost in the transfer market further down the line.

Look at Real Madrid for example. It came as a surprise when they let go of players like Varane and Casemiro. Everyone gets it now why they did.

Edited by Erikse

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Supposedly the third and final offer from Bayern was far less. Something like £6m?

Our worst player by far tonight, I thought. 

Hoping it’s just rustiness. As he started the season well, had that 6-7 game stretch of constantly fucking up. Then rediscovered a bit of form when he came back. 

I’m not saying he was tossing it off ala Michael Owen. But he looked like he was just going through the motions before England duty. Was miles off it all the time. Slow to react by basically a second or two at times. 

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

Supposedly the third and final offer from Bayern was far less. Something like £6m?

Never heard that figure before your post, the general consensus was that their offer was £12m and some on here thought we might get £20m.

Should have taken the Bayern money.

Think his age is catching up with him. Has looked dodgy defensively all season.

Can't see him getting any better from here. Not as a 34 year old full back in the Premier League.

10 minutes ago, Leemond said:

Looks finished at this level.

Tino a huge miss.

Bit harsh, but defensively he’s been a bit of a liability this season and that will only get worse. I’d be pissed off if I was a RB losing out on an England spot this summer in favour of him.

12 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Look at Real Madrid for example. It came as a surprise when they let go of players like Varane and Casemiro. Everyone gets it now why they did.

They sold Casemiro and bought Tchoumani & Camavinga in the same window.  They sold Varane and got Alaba in on a free.  We’ll be playing Krafth. 

I do think it was a bit of a missed opportunity though.  I don’t want him starting for us primarily. Love the lad but it’s Tino’s turn. 

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Should have taken the Bayern money.

Think his age is catching up with him. Has looked dodgy defensively all season.

Can't see him getting any better from here. Not as a 34 year old full back in the Premier League.

Tbf to him. His mistakes this year have been mostly brain farts. The type he had at Spurs and earlier. That bozo side has come back in big style. I don’t think it’s a decline in terms of defensive lapses. More a return to his level. 

Wouldn't have started tonight if Tino had been 70% fit.

However if someone should offer, like Wilson imo, 15 to 20mill in the summer then  ..........

Just now, The College Dropout said:

They sold Casemiro and bought Tchoumani & Camavinga in the same window.  They sold Varane and got Alaba in on a free.  We’ll be playing Krafth. 

I do think it was a bit of a missed opportunity though.  I don’t want him starting for us primarily. Love the lad but it’s Tino’s turn. 

Yeah, that's fair. But they also sold Varane for £60m. Wasn't he considered to be one of the very best central defenders at the time? Or am I not remembering it correctly.

Just now, madras said:

Wouldn't have started tonight if Tino had been 70% fit.

However if someone should offer, like Wilson imo, 15 to 20mill in the summer then  ..........

At this point I'm not even sure if people are on the wind up. :lol:

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Yeah, that's fair. But they also sold Varane for £60m. Wasn't he considered to be one of the very best central defenders at the time? Or am I not remembering it correctly. I guess to people that didn’t watch Real - yeh. He has the name and reputation.